• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1638 test print problem

Godfrey

Hi - I have a problem with my 1638 which just surfaced a day ago. When I do a test print the leading print of one head skips a major part of the black and yellow. Every time I do a head clean the problem is worse. Until now there is almost no black or yellow.. The other colours and the rest of the black and yellow prints are fine. The picture attached shows the effect. The first tests are at the bottom the most recent at the top.Any one any ideas?
Mutoh printout 16Feb.jpg

Godfrey

Hi I agree it does look like physical damage, I have inspected the head and cannot see anything.
However, On the test print there are four blocks of yellow and black. Only one is affected.
I have printed from a file a strip of CMYK from each head separately - see photo - and it prints fine. It seems that only the nozzle check pattern is a problem.
I have tried shifting the paper along so that it prints from a different place on the carriage but get the same result on the black and yellow.
Any ideas?
Mutoh file print.jpg