• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1641SR: New Issue

Red Alpha

Is there anyone out there that can help me figure out this new issue? After replacing dampers and cap top I started doing nozzle checks, head cleans and test prints. I decided to try and pull ink from the tubes under the cap top hoping that would speed up the process but now nothing is coming out of the print head.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I guess my first question should have been, what let you to replace the dampers and the cap top? If the head had dried out, that could account for it.

Red Alpha

I guess my first question should have been, what let you to replace the dampers and the cap top? If the head had dried out, that could account for it.
This has been an ongoing issue that has lead me to replace the cap top and the dampers but this morning I was doing nozzle checks and test prints. The Cyan & Yellow were looking good but black and magenta were not. Instead of doing another head clean because I had already done several including a couple little charges I decided to try and pull ink from the tubes under the cap top. I wasn't getting good vacuum so I connect the tubes back to the pump and turned on the printer again.
I then tried to do a nozzle check and nothing came out of the print head. I'm thinking that maybe the ribbon cable might have come loose I'm not sure.

Red Alpha

that could be the issue, if your cap top isn't making a proper seal it may not work properly.
Yeah, I'm just hoping I didn't blow fuse or short out the print head. I made sure to unplug the power but when I didn't notice any ink coming out I immediately starting thinkin it might be the ribbon cable and since I removed them to replace the dampers it seemed like checking that is a good place to start. I'll post back once i get a chance to trouble shoot some more.

Red Alpha

I had someone come in a check the fuses and all my fuses are good. Tomorrow we're putting a new ribbon cable, I'm thinking I might have damaged the ones that are in there some how. Is there a way to check and see if the print head is bad? I saw on another post for an HP that you can enter the service menu and enter a code "3174" and tell if its the print head.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm not familiar enough with Mutoh to tell you that. It could still be an issue with the cap top not sealing either if you're not getting proper suction and aren't able to pull ink through.