• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1641sr Printing Wrong Size

PhuKing

Hi good day everyone!

I am having a problem with my machine. It's printing long jobs in the wrong size and is always an 1" or 1.5" shorter than the correct size. Short jobs usually print the correct size but it is the log jobs that prints out wrong.
I have tried doing a page feed adjustment but to no avail.

I do the initial print for 500 mm, then do the initial change until I get the correct measurements and do a confirm print to "confirm" that the feed length is correct and measures 500 mm. But after all this, it still prints jobs in the wrong size! The weird thing is right after I do the PF adjust and ensure that the confirm print is correct, I do the initial change to see if it measures 500 mm and it doesn't. Shouldn't it measure 500 mm if I just calibrated it?

I am using Sai FlexiSIGN & PRINT Mutoh Edition 12 and there is a feature "Output Size Compensation". I have this feature turned off. Does anyone know if it will clash with the PF adjustment if I turn this feature on and continue to print jobs in the wrong size? or will it override the PF adjustment on the machine?

Cheers,
PhuKing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Shouldn't it measure 500 mm if I just calibrated it?

By going back to the initial PF menu, you actually reset the calibration. You just want to confirm the confirmation print and that will set the calibration. If you print the initial adjustment print again, it resets.

Use the print size compensation feature in the RIP. It won't affect the PF calibration. It simply distorts the image the correct amount to print to the right size.

PhuKing

By going back to the initial PF menu, you actually reset the calibration.
That makes sense.

Use the print size compensation feature in the RIP. It won't affect the PF calibration. It simply distorts the image the correct amount to print to the right size.
I'll use the print compensation feature and see if it makes a difference. I did not want to risk using this and spoiling a job. Thanks for the input!