• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 426UF - yellow color band over all print area

nemesis2180

Hey guys,

I've getting annoyed on and on. Last time, I've problem with leaking head. It's about year ago. It's at least 12 months and there you go... another problem. I've yellow color band over printarea. Did anyone has these issues on Valuejets? Yeah, it's 100% electrical problem. I've disconnected ribbons from head to CR board. Cables were dirty, so I cleaned it with isopropylalcohol, airbursted connectors...nothing happens. Still same problem. I dont know how to diagnose bad board or smth.

I must admit that I've recetly some electrical problems. The machine completely stuck, red diod appears. Only solid light, not blinking and machine did nothing. So, I've pressed big red button to power off and restart it. Machine run perfectly after this. I've had this kind of stuck once a month.

See attachment. Its normal test print, but completely yellow colored. It's not messy. It's like If I add yellow background in Illustrator.

Attachments

• 20220622_141456_0001 (2).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 159

unmateria

REPLACE the flat cables always...
Yes, i know, sounds stupid since they look good to you even with a microscope... But i have seen that so many times...
Ah, and clean inside the conectors with just isopropyl alcohol, dont use air on smd mounted PCBs (you will blow something or you will put water there).