• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 46 issue

BobCap

I have a Mutoh Value Jet 46" Printer that is sick.

It stopped and shut down right after a cleaning. No power.

I read a bunch of threads on the board and tried the "unplug it at the printer for 10 minutes" fix. I hear some clicking as it tries to power up. But nothing.

I did however find the ribbon cable from the control panel to the mother board was bad. A former owner must have spilled a gallon of ink into this machine. It looks like the ink ate through part of the insulation on the cable. No ink on the circuit boards though...

Next, I took a known good ribbon cable and known good control panel and subbed it in. No change.

Are there any "hidden" fuses on the system? There apprears to only be one ceramic fuse on the board. Unfortunately I don't have a schematic on this unit....(anyone have one?)

Any help????

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Ghost Prophet

No noise, no lights, no indication of anything going on when you flip the power switch? If that's the case I'd be highly suspect of the power supply, cord, socket, or even power strip. You can test the cord, socket, and power strip easy enough, if it turns out all of those are fine, then I'd replace the power supply or higher someone else to, as it can be kind of dangerous if it doesn't have an enclosure.

BobCap

It just does some clicking...like a relay is closing.

No leds are on either on the control panel or on the motherboard.

I guess I'll just sub out the power supply and see if that solves it.

I was hoping there were more fuses hidden somewhere...

Dreaming for an easy fix.

Thanks

Bob

gixxer2004

Bob,

My falcon jr. stopped working as well and would not turn on. I contacted a company in Florida that helped me to trouble shoot it. He had me unplug all of the plugs from the main board except the switch, power plug and lcd panel. I turned the machine on and it started up which he says lead him to believe the main board has a short or bad spot. He said he could probably repair it for $125 so I shipped it out today. I will let you know how it works out.

gixxer2004

I forgot to tell you one part.....before you unplug any plugs make sure you unplug the printer from the outlet, turn the power switch on for a minute or so and then turn it off. He said it will now be safe to unplug any connections.

Deacon Doom

Bob,

My falcon jr. stopped working as well and would not turn on. I contacted a company in Florida that helped me to trouble shoot it. He had me unplug all of the plugs from the main board except the switch, power plug and lcd panel. I turned the machine on and it started up which he says lead him to believe the main board has a short or bad spot. He said he could probably repair it for $125 so I shipped it out today. I will let you know how it works out.

Who did you send your motherboard to get repaired? I need to have one looked at and see if it salvageable. Did you get it back & did it work? How much?

Deacon Doom

Well....how did the motherboard repair work out?

I found these folks and they said they have worked on these motherboards in past so they are familiar with them. Sending mine out today for a $75 diagnostics test. I'll let everyone know the final results...

Atlantic Computer Services
Fax number 727-392-7775
10590 66th Avenue North
Seminole, FL 33772
National Dispatch 727-392-6661
atlanticcomputerservice.com

atlantic@atlanticcomp.com