• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 628 not printing colors

Racegrafix

I have a mutoh 628 and had issues with color not being full, no matter how many cleanings. So I replaced pump, and cap. That helped. Then replaced dampers. Struggled for weeks to get air out of lines. Put in new cartridges and filled with cleaning solution, ran that for weeks. Soaked printhead. Got all lines filled no air. Now doing test prints (with cleaning solution, not colored ink)...using no color correction so it dumps a ton of ink...enough to visibly see since its clear. magenta is always heavy, no black, barely any yellow if any and blue is very light. I dont know what else to do other than replace head. I suspect ink dried in the line, and clogged the head.

If no ideas im going to attempt to put it in ultrasonic and try to get it clean or try to reverse flow it somehow.....i dont know what else to do...been trying for 9 months now.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you change dampers on this machine, a single hard cleaning should fill the lines 100% with no air. If you struggled to get the air out, I'm thinking the maintenance station isn't working 100%. Since it's new that points me to the head having ink build up where it seals with the cap top so it's not making a good seal. You might want to check the bottom of the head and clean it up. I would also flush cleaning solution through the waste tubes to make sure they aren't clogged. Did you change the o-rings when you changed dampers?

Racegrafix

When you change dampers on this machine, a single hard cleaning should fill the lines 100% with no air. If you struggled to get the air out, I'm thinking the maintenance station isn't working 100%. Since it's new that points me to the head having ink build up where it seals with the cap top so it's not making a good seal. You might want to check the bottom of the head and clean it up. I would also flush cleaning solution through the waste tubes to make sure they aren't clogged. Did you change the o-rings when you changed dampers?
The bottom of the head is sealing good, its clean. I soaked it for days in solution and its clean and no build up. I tested by connecting syringe to the two spots on the bottom and pulling it manually. It pulls fluid but I feel like its not fully pulling all equally. I cannot pull the air from lines this way. I have to manually pull air out of each line, and quickly connect and then do ink charge.

The orings on the connectors? no. I have new connectors and orings on the way though.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The bottom of the head is sealing good, its clean. I soaked it for days in solution and its clean and no build up. I tested by connecting syringe to the two spots on the bottom and pulling it manually. It pulls fluid but I feel like its not fully pulling all equally. I cannot pull the air from lines this way. I have to manually pull air out of each line, and quickly connect and then do ink charge.

The orings on the connectors? no. I have new connectors and orings on the way though.
You should be able to pull the air out with the syringe under the cap so something has to be up. Make sure you clog the second line when pulling from below the cap top so you don't pull air up from the other line. I usually fold it and put some tape around to clog it off and then pull from the other line with the syringe. You should feel it pull back on the syringe and ink should flow in without a ton of air bubbles. Like I mentioned above, a single or two should fill the entire machine with ease. Something is preventing the pump from pulling the ink down whether it's a clog or bad seal.

Racegrafix

new connectors, nuts, orings. Pulled ink better but wont print still. Just barely color on one, none on others.

I guess i will throw in ultrasonic cleaner and if it kills it, trash it all. Dont know what else to do.