• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Capping Station

Graphics2u

I've got an Outdoor Jr. and recently replaced the the entire maint. station. But the old one had tons of Cyan ink and Black ink in puddles all over the bottom of it and it was caked on the gears of the pump and finally stripped a grear off on the shaft that drives the pump.

Then after replacing it I notice there is Cyan ink all over the outside of the Color capping unit. Black also on the black one. The picture below shows the problem. The head does not look lined up with the Capping station. And I know there is an adjustment for that, but when the carriage assembly moves to the right toward the Capping station it contacts a little piece that sticks up and moves the capping unit up against the heads. So it doesn't appear that it can go any farther to the right.

What's the deal??

Kinda hate to keep dumping ink all over the new parts!!

Attachments

• 0129071528.jpg
    0129071528.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 259

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Did you align the capping station after you replaced the maintenance station? From the looks of things, you didn't do this.

The machine will do this for you if you invoke the maintenance menus at power-on time and then select the proper functions. The procedure is outlined in the maintenance manual there towards the end. Do you have a maintenance manual?

Graphics2u

Did you align the capping station after you replaced the maintenance station? From the looks of things, you didn't do this.quote]

Yes I have a maint manual that I got after I replaced this part. And I will do that but the problem is I don't see how this will help because I was running cleaning cycles with the machine torn down so that I could see behind the control panel. When the head moves to the right to clean it goes as far as it possibly could move. It's clear over against the stop on the capping station.

That adjustment just tells the printer what position to move the head to for cleaning doesn't it?? After a certain point the capping station moves with the head as it raises up against it.

But I'll try it. Thanks!