• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh cutting/plotting issues with centered media using Flexi 19

DJDGraphics

We have a Mutoh Xpertjet 1682SR and ValueCut 1800. We've had the printer up and running for just under a year and we've done lots of custom print and contour jobs without issue. The problem we are having is specifically with 48 inch specialty film (chrome) that has been laminated to 54 inch print media centered - 3 inches media overhang on each side. We have 2 projects, one on 3M print media and the other on thicker Substance media (dirt bike kit). We centered the film on the print media so when we printed it, we also used the center position option on the print and cut files in Flexi. The print is perfect, but when we take it over to the cutter, it fails on the AAS registration detection on either the 2nd row or the last row. I've tried dozens of attempts of creating new cut contour files for each with all different options and all have failed. It's not an issue of reading the marks printed on the chrome - we've found covering them with pre-mask eliminates the glare and they read fine. The cutter is simply looking in the wrong position for the marks. We've basically destroyed the thicker project because every time the blade crosses over the project it scores the print between the rollers - even with all 6 positioned down.

We think the problem is with the registration mark calculations in Flexi when selecting the center media option as we've done all of our other projects using the right corner position on both the print and cut files. We've also opened a support ticket with SAI but have not received a response.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue before? We were hoping to salvage the projects as we are now having trouble getting more stock of the material.

Well what it sounds like to me is the setting used to print which was on 48" media well the cutter will also be looking for 48" media when you close the pinch rollers it reads the media size and has built a bitmap of those dimensions so when it trys to make sense of the cut file I'm thinking its expecting a 48" size or AAS doesn't see the reg marks aligned properly Im not sure if this helps but I too bout the same set up just 4 color the XPJ1641SR. I say try cutting it back down to 48" if you can buy hand. ?

TumbingMoss

I'm in the same boat! There seems to be something going on when I send over a file. The printer shrinks it, but the plotter isn't recognizing what the printer did, so the crop marks are too small. I was told it was possibly the color correction changing the size, but I still haven't been able to figure it out.

Have you had any luck since you've posted?