• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh E186Err

Mwsh

My mutoh vj 1638wx got the E168 head temp 1 error. l replaced the 4 cables that connected to the print head, still got this error. But after three days the error was gone, l can print normally. But that last only for 3 hours before the error pop up again.

Someone recommend to switch of the parameter for this error. Please advice how l switch off the parameter? Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Head heat errors occur when there is a short in the head signal circuit or if the room temperature is too high. It's usually a bad cable but if you've changed those, it's probably the head itself failing.

Mwsh

Thank you very much for the reply. The error come and go without reason. In self diagnosis mode, check2:test4:sen10: Head1 0℃, Head2: 24℃, Test11: H.Heat Check shows head1 OK head2 OK . Looks like head1 didn't sense the correct temperature.