• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Jr. Package deal

ChiknNutz

Curious if anyone has one of these. It seems very comparable to the VersaCAMM, but I've not heard anyone talk about it. It also prints 6" wider. This deal is from SSKY and seems to be a heckuva deal, but I wonder about support when I am clear across the country from them. Any comments?

Falcon Outdoor Junior- Graphtec FC5100-75 Print-Cut Package with Daige
Quickmount III Laminator

36" Falcon Outdoor Junior Eco Solvent Printer

36" Graphtec FC5100-75 Vinyl Cutter with Automatic Registration Sensor

38" Daige Quickmount III Cold Laminator

MSRP: $16,610.00 SSK Price: $13,295.00 plus shipping
Estimated shipping: $495.00

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've made several posts as well as a news article about this printer Chris. In a couple of those I've even provided links to SSK's site.

I think it's a superior machine to the VersaCamm and also feel the separate plotter is a much better idea than having it built in. the Graphtec is a bettchoice as well since the matching Mutoh plotter will only cut a 25 and a fraction inch height ... but I don't think the Graphtec is a 36" plotter either.

If I were going to take the plunge, however, I would go for the Falcon Outdoor and a 48" plotter. Its a few thousand more but you'd get that back in just a couple of months with the larger banners it can do.

I also would not recommend the Daige Quickmount to anyone who wants it for laminating.

ChiknNutz

I've seen your previous posts, Fred. I was hoping someone would have picked one up by now and might have some real-user feedback. Yes, it does appear to be a superior setup for a number of reasons, all things being equal. That particular Graphtec (-75) will accept 36" material, but only cuts up to 30". The next step up is the -100 and it will cut up to 42" I believe. From what I've read, though, both are top-shelf cutters.

So the Quickmount is not worth having then? If heard a mixed bunch of reviews on it, most of which aren't glorifying the machine, but some feel it to do an adequate job. I seem to recall that you had one a while back and were less than pleased with it. I also seem to recall someone from Daige coming on here stating that they had fixed some of those downfalls with the newer models, or am I nuts?

Yeah, the 48" Falcon is also a 6-color machine if memory serves.

CW Graphix

Stay away from the daige had one three months ago had nothing but waste, $600 roll of 8519 lam and lots of wasted prints I found a Seal 400s on ebay that was barely used and got it for 3500.00 plus shipping. Daige is cheap but that is what you get cheap!!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're correct on my comments and the Daige rep's response. The simple fact is the unit is built very light and the primary design goal was for it to be a good mounting machine. I would shy away and tend to discount the good reports of some due to (1) human nature wanting to feel good about one's self for having made a good decision and (2) not having experience or a standard of comparison. There are a lot of people buying larger machines that are also buying larger laminators. Check with Denco and NW Sign Supply and others in your area about anyone with a used GBC or a Ledco for sale.

As far as the Mutoh printers, someone here announced they had ordered the Falcon Outdoor a while back. You might want to do a search. Speaking for myself, I would not be as turned on by six colors as I would the speed difference of the Falcon Outdoor. Six colors certainly looks better but most clients don't have that as a goal and are more than happy with four color process. Providing you have the space for it, the Falcon will pay for itself just in banner business that the Jr. won't handle. It's like getting the other capabilities for free and you can find lots of posts here and there with the comments like "I wish I had bought a bigger machine."

openwood

We did order and receive our 48" falcon outdoor printer.(it took 2 months to arrive)It has been assembled and is hooked up.only problem is that the salesman was not very good and seems to have sold us the bottom of the line RIP.I know nothing about digital printing and it souunds like we are going to purchase new software,sounded like it was going to be around $3500.I will give some feedback when it is finally running properly.I agree that the 48" falcon is the best buy,we already have a stack of prints to do that are 48".Hopefully i will be trained on the printer someday.I will most likely be posting some questions. Most of us in the shop are newbies to digital printing.

:signs101:

Brian :unclesam:

Steve C.

Hey Chris,

We got the 48" Falcon Outdoor in November. I Love It. Got a real good deal from SignWarehouse. They call it the PrismJet but the only place its called that is on the invoice. Logo on the machine, Manual, Inks, all have Falcon Outdoor because thats what it is. They have been pretty good with Tech Support. We got Flexi Pro Rip&Print thrown in for $1500 to sweeten the deal.
I do recommend that you get the Graphtec Cutter if you can afford it. We got the VinylExpress and I'm not that Happy with that part of the deal. Where ever you decide to buy.....Get one, You'll Love It.

Steve C.