• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor capping station screen

dtdm

My little copper mesh screen is gone off of one of my capping station tops!!! I have literally no idea where it went!

Might have became stuck during head soak? no idea... its a new capping station *2 months or so... Anywhere I can purchase another mesh screen?

RG

Thanks, thmooch. Great link! Have your or any other member here ever pulled out a magnifying glass and measured to see which screen size best matches the screens that come with the capping station? If so, please share that info.

thmooch

This link was posted a while back when everyone was experiencing swelling of the pads. I have not purchased from the site. Might do a search to dig up more info.

RG

Well, I cleaned up the old magnifying glass, re-calibrated the old micrometer, and took a closer look at the screen. I measured the screen squares as 1/16" (.0625") and the overall thickness as .007". If and when I buy one from McMaster-Carr, I would get a flattened mesh expanded metal sheet with diamond openings. Part #9302T141 looks like it would work. Or part #9305T86 if you like aluminum better than carbon steel.

aha!creative

I had this problem yesterday, expect I didn't catch it in time and it cause the sponge to swell and siphon ink out into the waste tank and then overflow onto the floor. I found it inside the printer on the base but the guys at SolventInkjet told me they fuse to the print heads sometimes. Either way it's a bummer that they come off the capping stations at any point, just one more thing to watch out for with this machine!