• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Flexi edition PDF not printing correctly

jeffkics

Sign Says
So I have noticed things in prints, wrong colors, areas where fills and transparencies are printed as solid strange colors with PDF's.

In the preview box it looks perfect. But when it prints its wrong. Where is the problem happing and how do I correct it?

I usually get a file from a home builder as a pdf, and just put it right into production manager, rip and print. Here is an example. TYIA!
1637334400866.png

Take notice in flexi of the fairways they are green in preview (looking good)

1637334694189.png

Here is a picture of what it printed. Purple fairways, and pink houses.

gabagoo

I usually open pdf files in acrobat or any pdf viewer that has some export optionsl and resave as a high res bitmap. Keeps everything the way it should look

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Reason is that Flexi doesn't have true native PDF support. They have a cheaper solution, not a real adobe engine.
So sometimes it messes up when you have complicated files. Use other formats or spend some more $$$ for the real deal.

FrankW

Reason is that Flexi doesn't have true native PDF support. They have a cheaper solution, not a real adobe engine.
So sometimes it messes up when you have complicated files. Use other formats or spend some more $$$ for the real deal.
Flexi uses the Aurelon RIP Engine. Aurelon is a well known supplier of PDF-processing software modules (for RIPping, Preflight, color managements) for OEM-customers since decades. I know, if I want to edit a PDF-File Illustrator fails, I just need to use the PDF Editor of the Aurelon RIP Printfactory to open it. There are some well known software companies around who offers PDF- or (before) Postscript RIP Engines for a long time (Jaws, Harlequin and so on).

Adobe APPE is not only expensive, but in addition it was difficult to handle spot colors which have to be separated for separate use, for example for cut contours.

IN THIS CASE, I‘m shure an architectural CAD Software is messing up with the PDF- or color management standards. The Preview in the RIP-Window is not colour managed, I‘m pretty shure if you do a preflight with that PDF you will find problems like missing input profiles or such.