• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Kona EPOS speed....

Knightfall3D

Hi,

Just got a Mutoh Kona 1400 and was wondering if there was a way to slow down the EPOS seek speed (ie, how fast it tracks the vinyl through the cutter when searching for a print & cut box).

Currently it is scarily fast, and while it does indeed find the box, I am concerned about the vinyl creasing on larger print & cut jobs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked through the various menus but I can't see anything that helps!

Cheers,

Jon.

rcook99

Welcome from NY!

How do you like the Kona? What did you use prior to the Kona. I am asking as I am looking into a new plotter and that was suggested to me. Also regarding the speed I believe Chris from Graphic Resource Systems may chime in and be able to help. They are a Merchant Member here.

bnags

Its a good plotter/cutter. The support is questionable, but if you keep at it like me, you'll be able to figure things out yourself. As for the tracking, I haven't come across a setting to adjust the speed. However, it has jumped from fast, to slow, but only after a power-outage in my shop. After a factory reset, it went back to a quick tracking. And to me, time is money! As far as the speed of the actual cutting, you can definitely adjust that. On the particular cut driver setting, the [speed] on my machine is generally around 20-35. I also found that taking the acceleration down to .9. I get my jobs cut clean, and quick. But those settings should be thoroughly experimented with according to the kinds of jobs you cut...

...everyone go easy on me. This is my first response to a thread!

henryp

Hi,

Just got a Mutoh Kona 1400 and was wondering if there was a way to slow down the EPOS seek speed (ie, how fast it tracks the vinyl through the cutter when searching for a print & cut box).

Currently it is scarily fast, and while it does indeed find the box, I am concerned about the vinyl creasing on larger print & cut jobs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked through the various menus but I can't see anything that helps!

Cheers,

Jon.

When EPOS scanning, the diagonal scan will be executed at the set cutting speed in the firmware (user controlled) while the horizontal scan will always be at maximum speed (100 cm/sec).