• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh lost 50% of cyan

pjfmeister

I have a Mutoh 1624 that was printing perfectly.

The nozzle check was perfect all across …. Then the next print I lost 50% of my cyan on the nozzle check … and blue is printing purpleish

Attached is a copy of the of the nozzle check…. Again this came on very sudden and there was no head strikes or anything that I can pinpoint as the cause?

Was wondering if you could help me diagnose. I have done 2 strong cleanings that didn’t help and also flooded the capping station with cleaner and done a head soak.
It appears to me that the capping station isn't draining as fast as it should be or typically does. The cleaning solution seems to pool up quicker on the capping station...so I am guessing maybe a new capping station?
The printer is 3 years old this month.
I have never had any problems with it and it is still on the original print head and capping station….?

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 171

pjfmeister

I spent the morning taking the capping station apart and cleaned all the drain lines. One line was completely clogged with no air, no flow, no suction at all. I put it all back together ran 1 cleaning cycle and I have all my Nozzle Check back 100% and the capping station seems to be draining well with good suction. Fingers crossed this is the fix needed