• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh problem E072

Degel

I have problem with my printer, i get a error "E072Err ycurrent" i cannot clean or print. help please

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Most common problem with this error is the T fence.
It is the plastic strip that runs behind the print carriage.
It lets the head know where it is on the platen.
Periodically it needs to be cleaned to remove the ink overspray.
It does not need to be removed for cleaning, use alcohol & water to gently clean both sides with a lint free soft cloth or swab.
If the error still shows up after cleaning you might need to clean the sensor that reads the strip. It is located on the right side of the print carriage under the plastic cover.
One screw holds it down and you need to move it away from the strip and clean it by using the same alcohol on a clean cloth. I wrap a single layer of the cloth around a credit card and use that to wipe down between the two halves of the sensor. Make sure you center the sensor on the strip when you put it back - it is not supposed to rub against either side when it moves.

If this does not work the next thing to look at is the maintenance station to see that it is not gummed up or stuck.

wayne k
guam usa

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Sorry my printer its "Valuejet rj-900cpro"

E072Err Y current means the Y motor over load.
You can clear or replace encoder strip first,
if not work, you need check or replace CR motor, carriage board and the long cables from carriage board to main board.

Brent