• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Quality

Steve M

I have been using Mutoh products since 1996. They are very durable and reliable pieces of equipment. I recently bought a new computer, Win 11, with plenty of processing power. It sits on my desk and makes a great paper weight, since Mutoh will not support my cutter (Kona) or printer (VJ-1324) with a driver for win11 that will work with SingLab 10. So the stuff can last forever and you are locked into old operating systems to keep it running. I think it stinks, but I may be wrong.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
ValueJets don't use a driver to print. It's a standard LAN setup so that's probably more of a Sign Lab issue. I know for certain that you can print to a 1324 on windows11 with Flexi.

The cutter is another beast. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver was last updated for a windows OS long outdated. For that machine you probably need an old computer or to run a VM in order to be able to use it's legacy software.

henryp

Last edited:

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
ValueJets don't use a driver to print. It's a standard LAN setup so that's probably more of a Sign Lab issue. I know for certain that you can print to a 1324 on windows11 with Flexi.

The cutter is another beast. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver was last updated for a windows OS long outdated. For that machine you probably need an old computer or to run a VM in order to be able to use it's legacy software.

The Kona, also, should run fine utilizing Flexi as the RIP.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Kona, also, should run fine utilizing Flexi as the RIP.

It's definitely an option in Flexi but it's the driver that communicates with the cutter that's the issue. So when you go to set it up in Flexi, there just won't be a port to select that will work.