• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH RJ-900X NEED HELP

Vicky

I do sublimation with a Mutoh RJ-900X and I'm having issues with it. Yesterday I replaced the pump capping station. I did that because I can't get the ink to feed threw the lines. I also replaced the dampers because I thought that might be the issue as well. Nothing is working for me. I'm getting frustrated and at a lost. I have also tried to pull ink threw dampers with a syringe and it comes threw but feels like there is a lot of air coming with it. When I stop pulling the ink it goes right back threw the tubes where it came from. Just looking for advice on what to do or try next. Any help is appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you changed the dampers, did you also change the o-ring between the nut and ink line? If not, I would start there. Ink naturally wants to go back to the cartridge and the damper is supposed to stop it. If the damper is attached and the ink still recedes, it's usually a sign that air is getting in one of the connections and it's usually the ink line to damper connection.

Vicky

You are amazing!!! I will try that because I did not change those. When I change the o ring should I replace the dampers as well you think or should it be fine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are amazing!!! I will try that because I did not change those. When I change the o ring should I replace the dampers as well you think or should it be fine.
If the dampers are over 1 to 2 years old I would. Anytime there are ink flow issues, the dampers are always good to rule out if you can.

Vicky

When I put the printer into transport mode it doesn't drain the inks out of the lines. what can cause this. Do you know?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When I put the printer into transport mode it doesn't drain the inks out of the lines. what can cause this. Do you know?
It sounds like your maintenance station isn't sealing up with the head or the pump is clogged. If ink isn't moving during that mode, that would be the first place to look.

Vicky

I changed the maintenance station and can now get ink moving but once all the lines are now filled with ink the yellow and red go back and get air in them again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I changed the maintenance station and can now get ink moving but once all the lines are now filled with ink the yellow and red go back and get air in them again.
Ink moving back usually means air is getting in at one of the connections and it's usually the connection between the damper and ink line. I would doublecheck the o-rings to make sure they didn't rollup when sliding them onto the ink line. Sometimes they get twisted and can't make a good seal. If that isn't the case, check to see if there is a little divot in the ink line where the o-ring is. On older machines the line gets indented from the o-ring and can cause a bad seal as well. In that case you can trim the line just above the divot and reattach the damper and it should get a better seal. Just don't trim off so much that the damper can't reach the head which is fixable if you accidentally do but a hassle.