• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh value jet 628

heath

xzact ink
having problems with the magenta only, can't find anyone to work on this. any tips or help appreciated.
Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 11.24.48 AM.png

Hello
this problem seems to be an ink problem .. which ink are you using ????
Could you send me a picture of your nozzle test ..If the nozzles are deviated you must first correct it since this cannot be fixed with calibration.

heath

xzact ink
I am using mutoh in from sign warehouse where I bought the printer. I’ll send the patter tomorrow when I get back. Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If this is something that happened out of the blue, it looks like a damaged head to me. Have you had any head strikes recently? How old is the head?

heath

xzact ink
machine is around 5.5 years old. the test pattern prints colors fine its just odd.

ty for the help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
machine is around 5.5 years old. the test pattern prints colors fine its just odd.

ty for the help

It's probably the head. You could try replacing the head cables to see if that helps at all but in my experience when it fires erratically like that, it's a damaged head. We usually see 3 to 5 years out of a typical head although I've seen them go as long as 13 years!

heath

xzact ink
ok any suggestions on where to buy one? sign warehouse says 3k, are they are to put in? i work on digital copies but i have never on wide format.
like no one around richmond va works on them

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
is it very hard?
thank you for the help guys
Your machine is a little hard to work on due to the size. As long as you take your time, work with the machine unplugged and discharged, and make sure all the cable get plugged in nice and straight, there isn't much damage you can do. If you have worked on other electronics before this won't throw any major surprises at you.