• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh valuejet 1614 problems

Hey everyone been having problems with my valuejet here the past few weeks nothing that seems major just bee funny. Had problems a few months back with a cr motor error and traced it back to the encoder strip and changed it and the machine has ran like a dream since. But here the last few weeks ive been getting hit and miss cr errors and have had some banding problems in my prints. This morning she started flashing Life Times [head] i am kinda familiar with life times but not quite sure what this means does anyone know if this could be part of my problem??? any help or suggestions would be great thanks!!

Designer Wraps

There is a way to clear that code, but I forget what it is. You can probably call Mutoh support for help on that. BUT, you're probably due for a new head. Happened to us last year. Got that code first, cleared it, then had more problems and had to replace the head.

ya i know that there is a way to turn off life times in the menu i tried that keep getting it, im starting to think with the way its acting that we may be in need of a new head. Just banding here and there and its wanting to blot ink out at the end of a print pass....all my nozzle checks and stuff come out ok but im at a loss....thanks for the help tho

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
We currently have four 1614 doing most of our print work and that error message comes up sometimes as well. I wouldn't worry too much about the Life Times [head] message until you actually start seeing some visible print issues. Try to keep the printer running daily and a strong clean at least once a day if possible. If you are saying that the nozzle checks come out good, you should be fine but if you want to be really safe; maybe have a certified Mutoh technician take a look at it just in case.

Good luck,
Signworld Team