• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh valuejet 2606 lines on print. No pro has been able to help!

pjs321

Hi

Im having problems with my Mutoh valuejet 2606. IT leaves vertical lines all over the print. Sometimes its really bad but it comes and goes. I can print fine on uni directional. Picture link below is the worst its been.

In order to try and solve the problem we have already replaced the timing fence, head cables, x axis motor, and new heads.

Any help would be appreciated, any further questions are welcomed.

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Attachments

• pj.jpg
    pj.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 691
Last edited by a moderator:

pjs321

Thanks for the prompt post jhilldesigns

The y axis encoder has been cleaned and the x axis (what i have been calling the timing fence) has recently been replaced.

I was getting a lot of error 72's and after cleaning the circular y axis encoder the problem stopped. Do you think this could be related? I think its probably the only thing that hasn't been replace on this printer.

pjs321

Its strange how it only prints the lines on the bi direction function. It even prints the lines before it starts any print (over white space before a print) and its all 6 available colours. No lines are printed at all on uni direction.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Does it print the lines on the return pass in bi-directional or in both passes? Also when you say that you are changing it from bidirectional to unidirectional what print modes are you using? Some print modes change carriage speed not just unidirectional and bidirectional and this could explain why it is in one and not another. Just so I am on the same page, I think that you have the X and Y axis reversed in your above posts, the X Axis is the media movement and the Y Axis is the Carriage movement. So you replaced the circular disc on the left hand side of the printer correct? From what I see in the picture it would most likely be an issue with the Y Axis, carriage movement. Have you tried to replace the CR cables? These are the cables from the main board up to the carriage board. Error 72 indicates that there is an issue with the feedback from the Y Encoder Sensor; this could be caused by any number of issues. One thing you can check is that there is grease on your bearing raceways and that the bearings themselves haven’t begun to fail. If they have started to fail they can cause vibration in the carriage that causes the heads to fire and would also cause error 72s because there is extra resistance on the Y Motor. If you haven’t greased them or haven’t done it in a while try to apply a light coating of the Mutoh grease and see if this helps. If it does you will probably eventually have to replace the carriage and the bearing raceways.

pjs321

Thanks Chris

The lines are printed on both passes. Print modes are high quality 700 and high quality 700 uni

As per your description i have mixed the x and y axis. The fence the carriage runs across has been replaced and not the circular encoder.

I have replaced the cables that go directly from the heads to the board within the carriage and i have also replaced the bearings. I have been cleaning the 2 bearing raceways and greasing religiously to little effect.

So that leaves the CR cables if those are not the cables i have already replaced?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
it could be caused by the head cables, t-fence or even CR_ENCODER SENSOR (the sensor could be giving/reading false data) Try cleaning the sensor with some canned air. Make sure there is no dust or hairs on or around the encoder sensor. (It's that black "u" shaped device that straddles the t-fence(encoder).

I would not have changed the motor by the way.....it is not possible for a bad motor to cause a head to miss-fire.

ALSO: make sure the cable from the computer/network is solid and not damaged or having issues. Try replacing it with a new cable or connecting (with a new cable) directly to the printer. Try to eliminate the cheap and simple stuff first. :)

If that does not resolve this consider replacing the CR BOARD (On the carriage) next.

After that were looking at:

1.) Power supply board. (bad voltage can easily cause this)
or
2.) Head Board

3.) CR CABLES (Might have a short in them)

4.) Main Board

But let's hope it doesn't come to all that. It's likely a power spike may have cause a short in any/all of the above that I listed. But I would recommend the client keep the printer plugged into a power strip with surge protection. Maybe even move it off a circuit that may be shared with other high draw equipment.

pjs321

I have just been told that the circuit im plugged into is not very good and has been fluctuating a lot. So it seems that could well be the problem. We are going to isolate the power supply and go from there. Many thanks for all the help. I will post how things go.

SignArtEtc

Same Problem with vertical lines

Hello,
We are actually running (2) Mutoh Valuejet 2606 printers and we are having the EXACT same problem with the vertical lines printing as mentioned in this thread. We have done some of the obvious things. Cleaning encoder readers and strips. Checking network surge suppression etc. I was wondering if you had found the solution to this problem. We have had a tech on site for an entire day and came up with nothing. ANY help or advice you could give would be appreciated before we start going down the same path or changing . . . everything.

Thanks in advance,

vioss111

Hello,
We are actually running (2) Mutoh Valuejet 2606 printers and we are having the EXACT same problem with the vertical lines printing as mentioned in this thread. We have done some of the obvious things. Cleaning encoder readers and strips. Checking network surge suppression etc. I was wondering if you had found the solution to this problem. We have had a tech on site for an entire day and came up with nothing. ANY help or advice you could give would be appreciated before we start going down the same path or changing . . . everything.

Thanks in advance,

-------------------

I have a Mimaki JV5, and in one occasion appeared something like this I saw in the picture, it seems the problem was in the data bus that will head the slider board.
There was no need to change it, just adjust it. RECOMMENDATION ... If you intend to adjust the data bus ... WHAT TO DO WITH THE PRINTER OFF and TOTALLY OFF THE ELECTRICAL POWER, otherwise you run the risk of making a "short circuit" and damage the Main Board. I'm telling you from experience ... :s . Although it is too late, I hope this helps future.

GREETINGS ..!

VIOSS111