• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH ValueJet

Buddy

Just got our Mutoh ValueJet up and running today. We're seeing some incredible high quality prints coming out at blazing fast speeds. Only time will tell.....if it will hold up mechanically to production volume or not.

We also have the matching Mutoh Ultima 48'' cutter / plotter. Now that's one complex piece of equipment.....yet it's capable of making contour cutting simple with bi-directional communication between it and the software.

Kudos to Unica Digital.........the company we bought our system from. And thanks Matt for working so hard to get us up and running.

Super good !!

BUDDY

Derf

How are the hoses on the pump? are they the crappy off white hoses or are they the clear harder hoses?

Buddy

Only glanced at the hoses once and wasn't paying close attention.....but I do recall looking them (the hoses). If my recollection is correct....they were clear hoses. I know you could easily see the ink thru the hoses...if that means they are the clear hoses perhaps.

BUDDY

Derf

The hoses on the Mutoh RJ6100's (48 Falcon Outdoor, 46 Rockhopper) pump hoses suck! Keep an eye on the pump!

I'm hoping they have moved to a better pump because that caused most of the problems with the Mutoh.

Buddy

I've heard the previous Mutoh's were problematic....but have heard also that the new ValueJet is new from the ground up. It's too soon to know how it is going to hold up. The fact it's not a 3rd generation of previous problematic versions is good. We'll see.

BUDDY

ChiefBL

VulueJet Holding up well for us also.

Hello Buddy,

We have had ours for several weeks now. Were on our own for learning, but the Mutah manual appears to be detailed.

So far, we've only had very minor problems, mostly user error. :)

Received assortments of media to test print on. Haven't contour cut on our Q130 plotter yet. It has the ARMS attachment.

Good luck to all new VJet owners

Bill

Urban Image

The ValueJet is an outstanding printer. I work in customer service so I know of several dozen companies who own them and none of them have had any issues. The most common emotion related with the ValueJet has been, in my experienced, unrestrained glee.

ChiefBL

Agree with you totally...of course we've only had ours for a couple months now...with minimal use, but it has printed beautiful labels on vinyl and brilliant sharp graphics on banners.

Keeping our fingers crossed :)

Buddy

Scardino....I've seen prices considerably lower than $20,995. Depending on what level of support you need.

druckhaus

Hi Buddy!
I just wanna have your experience on the Mutoh VJ!
I'm in a dilemma choosing between 2 printers:
Mimaki JV33-160 and the océ 9160 (which is in reality a Mutoh VJ branded as océ)
the thing is, everybody talks about the strong built of a Mimaki and the durability on the other hand many are talking about the inter waving tech at the océ or the Mutoh ...
any idea...