• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1324 not charging ink

Koala Matt

I replaced the maintenance station and dampers along with the joint going into the Y cartridge holder because it had a leak. Now none of the ink will charge. I've tried many times, both normal and little ink charge and several cleanings. I can pull ink to the head with a syringe but it starts receding immediately. No leaks or bends in the tubes anywhere.

Any suggestions? Are the new dampers no good? Should I be pulling more ink before reattaching to the dampers?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink naturally wants to recede and the dampers are responsible for holding the ink in the system. If at any point along the line there is air getting in, that will cause the issue. Did you change the connectors between the damper and ink line as well? How about the o-rings?

Koala Matt

The ink naturally wants to recede and the dampers are responsible for holding the ink in the system. If at any point along the line there is air getting in, that will cause the issue. Did you change the connectors between the damper and ink line as well? How about the o-rings?

O-rings and connectors are all new as well. I have the covers off and can see that during an ink charge nothing happens. Lots of usual (what I think are usual) noises but they don't fill up. Could this be related to the new maintenance station?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
O-rings and connectors are all new as well. I have the covers off and can see that during an ink charge nothing happens. Lots of usual (what I think are usual) noises but they don't fill up. Could this be related to the new maintenance station?

If it's all 4 not charging then it's probably the maintenance station. Check the bottom of the head for any ink build up that might keep the cap top from sealing properly with the head and clean as necessary. Also, wet the cap top down with cleaning solution. Sometimes it needs a little help on the first seal.

blingdat

My 1324 is doing the same thing. I changed my dampers, connectors , o rings and maintenance station. My ink does not want to pull through to the dampers. I am using a genuine maintenance station and I see waste suction from cleaner on the capping station during the cleaning cycle. I have tried pulling with syringes on the waste tube but get air and not suction. My head is cleaned and not clogged. I am open to any suggestions to get this to work. Do you think the head could be the issue? I am trying to rule everything else out before changing the head

Igrajseti

My 1324 is doing the same thing. I changed my dampers, connectors , o rings and maintenance station. My ink does not want to pull through to the dampers. I am using a genuine maintenance station and I see waste suction from cleaner on the capping station during the cleaning cycle. I have tried pulling with syringes on the waste tube but get air and not suction. My head is cleaned and not clogged. I am open to any suggestions to get this to work. Do you think the head could be the issue? I am trying to rule everything else out before changing the head
Hello i also have this problem with mutoh 1304.
I have replace the cap top, and now i have problem, when i do cleaning circle, the colors arent going in cap top and the waist ink tube.
Dampers are full with color, no air.
Tubes are ok,pump is ok, but i notise air noisse in capping station, maybe some one can tell me how to, or do i need to aline the cap top with the print head and how to do that. Or some other solution
Thanks a lot for the help