• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ-1624 - banding after replacing print head

beejayssigns

We have replaced the print head, maintenance station, wiper, and dampers about two months ago, all of which are Mutoh genuine parts. Now recently we have noticed that it is banding some of the colours, most notably wherever there is black or dark colours.

A nozzle check is printed perfectly as it should. Before we replaced these parts, there would only be some slight 'mist' of ink around blacks, mostly whenever there are large chunks of black on a white background, only when printed in a high head height. Printing in a low head height was fine.

But after replacing these parts, the mist has increased drastically when printing in a high head height, and shows slightly when printing in a low head height.

Could it be that maybe there are some settings / calibration we need to make?

This comparison was done using exact same print settings from the software.

Any suggestions or ideas what could be wrong or how to fix it are welcome.

rjssigns

The head needs to be dialed in. I recently watched the tech replace the head in my 1624x. Different test patterns were printed and a USB microscope was used to read the patterns. He was then able to input the correct values for alignment.

beejayssigns

Thank you for your input rjssigns. Would you be able to direct me to a tutorial of how this is done, or an instruction manual where this can be found please?

humberto s

do you use the new mutoh inks ms31? do the technician peclean very well the printhead with cleaning liquid inside the printhead and provide many strongcleaning? new mutoh inks ms31 do cause problems in contact with new printhead transporting liquid if not cleaning properly.

Attachments

• MS31_Technical_Bulletin_final.pdf
    171.8 KB · Views: 152

beejayssigns

do you use the new mutoh inks ms31? do the technician peclean very well the printhead with cleaning liquid inside the printhead and provide many strongcleaning? new mutoh inks ms31 do cause problems in contact with new printhead transporting liquid if not cleaning properly.
We had already started using MS31 ink on our previous print head, and the new print head we installed was on MS31 ink, so I do not think this is an issue

rjssigns

Thanks for this rjssigns.

Have you got a clue of what the setting of this is called please? The closest I found was the Head Accuracy Adjustment menu, and I think it may have something to do with it.

Can I use any type of media to perform these test prints, so as to carry out accurate testing?
No clue on setting other than reading the manual. Cheap media for calibration is fine according to the technician.