• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ 1624 branded as OCE CS 9360

Firmware change

• Firmware change for Mutoh 1624

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Replacing the motherboard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jordan55

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I hope you help me. I have Mutoh 1624 which is branded as OCE CS 9360. We can no longer get cartridges for it. The service technician told me that the cards could be removed, but first it had to be pure Motoh. He promised to contact a Mutoh technician to tell him how this could be done. But more than two months have passed and he obviously doesn't care. Sorry for the bad English and I hope it's understandable. I will be very grateful for any solution to the problem. I am already very worried about the print head not being damaged by the long stay. Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg

When I put a cassette for Mutoh 1624 I get this error
3.jpg

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I had to guess, they won't allow you to change the machine model once it's already an Oce. You might be able to get a new/used 1624 board and install it but there's no guarantee that will work and it's a pretty expensive part to guess. It's possible the junction board will need to be replaced as well. It's what reads the chips. There is firmware for the junction board that may be able to be changed but again, I've never done it and have never heard of anyone doing it so this is just spit balling.

Umca

Actually, it is possible to change from OCE wthout any hardware replacements. I saw few units while help for adjusting. Rebranded Mutoh printers (like OCE, Xerox) very cheap on second hand market. Because support is stops. So, most cases it is a tidbit for new small companies with limited amount. They are not imagine how much will need for start up these kind of printer.

Jordan55

Hello
do you think that if i upload the firmware it will accept cartridges for Мutoh. When I start the machine, the display says Mutoh VJ 1624. I can't find the firmware to download anywhere.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Edit: You already answered my question Whoops!

With Mutoh there is a .JFL file that is the main firmware for the printer and then there is also an .MFL file that is the ink chip firmware. If you can get your hands on the .MFL file it might do the trick.

Last edited:

Umca

No. JFL - firmware file for mainboard. MFL - firmware file for heater board.
Your OCE is really Mutoh printer. Other files except Mutoh 1624 firmware you will can not upload to the printer. Because service software analysis printer's serial number and check if it correct firmware for this printer. Same time the printer has a Brand code somwhere deep inside. Firmware upload will not change Brand code. For accept Mutoh cartridges you have to change Brand code.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No. JFL - firmware file for mainboard. MFL - firmware file for heater board.
Your OCE is really Mutoh printer. Other files except Mutoh 1624 firmware you will can not upload to the printer. Because service software analysis printer's serial number and check if it correct firmware for this printer. Same time the printer has a Brand code somwhere deep inside. Firmware upload will not change Brand code. For accept Mutoh cartridges you have to change Brand code.

The heater board is what decodes the ink cartridges though.

Umca

Decodes - maybe. But it transhfers the data from card to mainboard. And, the mainboard compare brand code in data from card with brand code of mainboard.

Jordan55

I sent the tape files to an acquaintance, but he was unable to remove the card search. If anyone here more understanding can do it.

Jordan55

I downloaded the MPI file from the machine. I don't know if it's the same as the MFL. The colleague said he could rework it and not look for cards, but he failed.

Umca

It is not the same. I think the way is right. But not so much peoples can do it. I am not sure they wil do it for free.

chris20630

did you get help? If I find the same (but head broken) Mutoh 1624 printer as my Oce: which parts, boards I have to transfer to get Oce work with Mutoh inks. Are These boards All on right sie behind the door?

Last edited:

Umca

You have to replace mainboard. And update firmware of mainboard or heater control board for same release. Or replace heater board too.
Or
Change parameter values in your OCE without any board replacement.