• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ-1624 - [KCMY] S/C Read Err.

Shawnski

We've been having an issue with one of our printers (Mutoh VJ-1624). It doesn't seem to want to read the cartridges and produces the "[KCMY] S/C Read Err" consistently. If I do get the carts to read and everything seems fine I'll send a print and get the "[KCMY] Reseat Cart" prompt. We're using a bulk ink system and all the cartridges/ink cards are brand new. We've used this system before without any issues. I've checked inside the cartridge cradle itself and all the printers card contact terminals are fine (none are corroded, broken or covered in ink) . Anybody have any idea what might be happening here?

Hi, we have a Mutoh VJ 1624 with the same problem. The cheep plastic ink pack adapter (the part that holds the bag of ink,) is held on to the printer by one little rubber adapter plug! The weight of the ink pulls on the ink pack adapter, and you get the read Err. Go behind the printer and push the ink pack adapter in and the read Err will stop.

Shawnski

Hi, we have a Mutoh VJ 1624 with the same problem. The cheep plastic ink pack adapter (the part that holds the bag of ink,) is held on to the printer by one little rubber adapter plug! The weight of the ink pulls on the ink pack adapter, and you get the read Err. Go behind the printer and push the ink pack adapter in and the read Err will stop.
That's what I initially thought the problem was too, but turns out the magenta ink card was faulty and causing the issue. I appreciate the help and thank you for your time!