• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh vj-1624 magenta cartridge reads 100% but says check magenta

Mkboswell

Came in to a subtank hi warning, tank not high but magenta cartridge read as empty. Changed cartridge and chip wouldn't read. Changed chip card and now the cartridge reads at 100% but it also says to check magenta. The mutoh is locked up won't shutdown won't perform cleaning, etc. Has anyone ran into this issue before?? Any help would me appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sub tank hi means the machine was expecting the hi sensor to flag but it times out. This usually means either the sensor is malfunctioning, the flag that flags is has been knocked out of place, or ink isn't flowing into the tank. Have you taken a look at the sub tanks yet?

Mkboswell

Sub tank hi means the machine was expecting the hi sensor to flag but it times out. This usually means either the sensor is malfunctioning, the flag that flags is has been knocked out of place, or ink isn't flowing into the tank. Have you taken a look at the sub tanks yet?
The sub tank must have timed out otherwise it's behaving normal. Could it be an issue with the magenta cartridge?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The sub tank must have timed out otherwise it's behaving normal. Could it be an issue with the magenta cartridge?
It's possible for sure. Mutoh cards are notoriously finicky. If you contact your ink supplier they should be able to put in a warranty request and Mutoh will send you a new card.