• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Vj 628 “No Media” Error

WalkerTrio

I have a Mutoh Vj628 printer and it is putting out in the VSM monitor status the message “No Media”. When I load the paper roll the fans come on like it recognizes the media being fed through, but when I close the rollers down and the cover it still does nothing and still reads no media. I’ve seen where it is said to clean the media sensor, but unless I’m doing something wrong I’ve wiped where I believe the sensor is although the oval shaped opening which the sensor is supposed to be located has some kind of clear cover on it unless that is the sensor. Doing this has not changed anything. Could someone please help. I may be doing something wrong or missing something. Please suggest a solution for me please. Or a video on how to clean the media sensor or some other solution. I’ve tried putting tape over the sensor opening no change. I need help please.

GTSTech_1

What size media are you trying to use? Have seen where peeps try to save scraps to use, and if it's not wide enough to cover the sensor (which is kinda in the middle of the platen) then the printer will say no media even with media loaded.

Just my .02

WalkerTrio

I have used as small as 10" roll on the 628, so that shouldnt be the issue.

Are any of your cartridges showing out of ink.
I had one show out of ink one time, and along with it it showed no media. When I got a new cart. and installed it, the no media error went away.
Originally it showed up when mr cartridges were empty. Then I replaced them but the no media status stayed and the empty cartridges went away.

WalkerTrio

If not we can do some troubke shooting
My printer is still down, No Media status. I’ve been going back and forwards with sawgrass support via email, but all I’ve done so far is clean off the sensor with a swab and a compressed air can. No change

WalkerTrio

Ok look it might be that your media is not being pulled tight enough to lay flat over sensor...do you have masking tape or painters tape?? Lets take media out ..cover sensor then put media back and try to print...
I’ve done that as well. I put tape over the sensor and it still gave the message. I tightened the paper roll and even changed out sizes of paper, no change. The printer responds when anything goes over the sensor, the fans come come on like normal when paper rolls over the sensor. But when I close the rollers and close the front cover it does nothing just beeps and the status stays No Media. It doesn’t try to roll or measure the it just sits until the fans turn off.

RustyNZ

I’ve done that as well. I put tape over the sensor and it still gave the message. I tightened the paper roll and even changed out sizes of paper, no change. The printer responds when anything goes over the sensor, the fans come come on like normal when paper rolls over the sensor. But when I close the rollers and close the front cover it does nothing just beeps and the status stays No Media. It doesn’t try to roll or measure the it just sits until the fans turn off.

If the machine status changes (i.e. fans turn on or whatever) when you slide media over the sensor I'd say that leans towards the sensor being OK, it could be that that message doesn't clear until the lever is down or the door is closed (I'd lean to lever down) so it may actually be the lever down sensor which is not functioning. Do you get any beeps or status changes when you put the pinch rollers down either with or without media loaded? If you do then it's probably not that but if you don't then it could be.