• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-628X Help

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if anyone here has one of these, but I purchased one from a seller and how he packed it and just placing lose bolts and UPS the way they handle things, I would up with a printer I can not use at the moment. I am in need of parts. I am not sure if anyone here has an old one sitting around or can buy directly from Mutoh.
I live in Orlando, not that makes a difference, but I need these parts, if someone can help please let me know the cost.
Both side covers, not a game changer but would like to know the cost, I was able to glue the broken tabs and it is holding pretty good.
On the capping station image 8498 you can see the broken section. I can not find the parts number but I am looking for the base where the top section gets attached to, it show a reference I-21
The orange pressure knob 8418 and also the sensor that it rotates through 8417.
I am not sure if I am going to need anything else because I am getting errors when I turn on the printer and connect it using ValueJet Status Monitor.
Capping top section
Sponge, Some of these I can order from amazon or ebay, but they would be coming from China and will take a few weeks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tomi
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.32.07 PM.png IMG_8493.jpg IMG_8498.jpg IMG_8517.jpg IMG_8518.jpg

Last edited:

Saturn

Aging Member
Got your work cut out for you!

You can get parts from a whole bunch of sources.
https://www.solventinkjet.com/ (they're a member here)

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, I have one these as well and I would suggest trying to see who the original seller was and contact them for parts. Is it set up for sublimation or solvent? If it’s sublimation I’d guess that you’ll find a number of dealers, coastal business, conde, etc who might be able to help. I’m guessing the body panels might be hard to find though. The capping stain should be easy.

I am not sure if anyone here has one of these, but I purchased one from a seller and how he packed it and just placing lose bolts and UPS the way they handle things, I would up with a printer I can not use at the moment. I am in need of parts. I am not sure if anyone here has an old one sitting around or can buy directly from Mutoh.
I live in Orlando, not that makes a difference, but I need these parts, if someone can help please let me know the cost.
Both side covers, not a game changer but would like to know the cost, I was able to glue the broken tabs and it is holding pretty good.
On the capping station image 8498 you can see the broken section. I can not find the parts number but I am looking for the base where the top section gets attached to, it show a reference I-21
The orange pressure knob 8418 and also the sensor that it rotates through 8417.
I am not sure if I am going to need anything else because I am getting errors when I turn on the printer and connect it using ValueJet Status Monitor.
Capping top section
Sponge, Some of these I can order from amazon or ebay, but they would be coming from China and will take a few weeks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tomi
View attachment 156284 View attachment 156287 View attachment 156288 View attachment 156289 View attachment 156290

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
Thanks hybriddesign it is solvent, the seller has no clue nor has any extra parts, after packing it the way he did I was pretty upset but it is what it is and now I need to get this thing up and running and hope it does not have anymore issues once I replace the parts. I fixed the dents and it does not look bad now, I am happy the metal is pretty thin and with a little pushing and working like i was taking a dent out of a car I can live it what I have.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi Tomi, I would figure out where you're going to buy ink from and contact them about parts. As I mentioned it might be hard to find the body panels but it seems like you're okay without that. It's a nice little printer but we are running sawgrass dye sub ink through it which costs way to much and the cleaning cycles on that machine just use a ridiculous amount of ink. I think that you'll be better off running solvent since it's a lot lower in cost.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We stock many parts for that model and can order virtually any part for it from Mutoh directly. Feel free to contact us. 303-733-6671

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
Hi Tomi, I would figure out where you're going to buy ink from and contact them about parts. As I mentioned it might be hard to find the body panels but it seems like you're okay without that. It's a nice little printer but we are running sawgrass dye sub ink through it which costs way to much and the cleaning cycles on that machine just use a ridiculous amount of ink. I think that you'll be better off running solvent since it's a lot lower in cost.
Thank for suggestions, I just want to get this thing up and running and hope because of how it was shipped nothing more than what I saw and need is going to cause any issues. I am sure I am going to have head issues, he claimed he ran solution through the lines and it has been sitting for about 4 months still plugged in and running cleaning cycles, but I still have ink in the lines and would like to know how I could clean the lines without it running, not much
We stock many parts for that model and can order virtually any part for it from Mutoh directly. Feel free to contact us. 303-733-6671
I did call and spoke to Robert, he asked me to send list and photos which I did a week ago and sent a second email to him asking when I might get a reply and to this day I still have not heard anything back. Not the customer service I was expecting.
Tomi

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank for suggestions, I just want to get this thing up and running and hope because of how it was shipped nothing more than what I saw and need is going to cause any issues. I am sure I am going to have head issues, he claimed he ran solution through the lines and it has been sitting for about 4 months still plugged in and running cleaning cycles, but I still have ink in the lines and would like to know how I could clean the lines without it running, not much

I did call and spoke to Robert, he asked me to send list and photos which I did a week ago and sent a second email to him asking when I might get a reply and to this day I still have not heard anything back. Not the customer service I was expecting.
Tomi

I looked into it and I personally sent an email response to you but it must not have gone through! Feel free to call if needed as it seems our emails aren't talking to each other.