• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj1204 not printing magenta

mikeandbobs

Print was running, magenta ran out- said to change & we did. Print started again, and entire color output was changed. Did some head cleaning & charges... magenta still not showing. Soaking head currently. Noticed air pocket in magenta line... Mutoh site says you can pull ink through the system with a syringe- any thoughts?

Biker Scout

When you run out of ink, or close to it... you can trap air in the lines. You have to pull the dampers out and kinda flip them upside down and pull the air out until the bubbles make it to the dampers.

Also, if your head cleanings didn't work very well, you have clogged vacuum lines under your capping station.

Do a search, I've outlined how to fix the problem.

mikeandbobs

Capping Station CLeaned

Your post was very helpful. I have cleaned the capping station and tubing- everything is very clean now. How do i disconnect damper? Where exactly is it? Thanks.

Biker Scout

Those little things that the ink tubes plug into. They pull straight up, and try not to squeeze the sides. One side it a thin membrane that can puncture easily.