• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ1304

zapacituk

Hello dear forum users, i need help with my printer to sort the firmware, few months ago the mainboard got toasted, and bought a new one for it, but the new mainboard is empty( i think), and when i tried to load the firmware in it with Maintenance Engineer Assistant in tech mode, says the he sees the printer but because the firmware loaded in mainboard is older he doesn't know what printer is, and can't access it.

Any Mutoh tech here ? I am willing to pay for the service, i know years of experience comes with a cost, i wanna fix the printer because in years this was the only fault that i had and was working well, since the problem the head was cleaned from ink and sits in cleaning solution.

if you can help remotely over Team Viewer, or any other methods will be perfect, thank you.

I'm from UK, cheers !

Xano-64

Hi Zapacituk,
Did you slide sw2 (on sw3) to the left ?
Caution: "After replacement of MAIN board assembly, make sure DIP SW position is set
so that overwrite-proof function is enabled. Otherwise, when wrong firmware is
installed, it may disable printer startup. In this case, MAIN board replacement is
required
." and if the wrong version firmware, mainboard may need to be replaced.
you need to install the good heater firmware too.

Cheers.

Xano-64

hi Xano, i didn't slide to sw3, where is located?
1624946833003.png