• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1324 Not Printing

blingdat

I purchased a machine that sat unused for a while. Initially, it was not pulling ink through the head to the maintenance station. I replaced all dampers, cap top , o rings as well as the maintenance station. I also used mutoh cleaning solution to unclog the head. I finally got the ink moving and good suction through the maintenance station. All inks are pulling through the head. Problem is I can't print anything. I cannot print a nozzle check, nor print a design sent through flexi. However, I can print the color palette via the printer test print on the control board. Does this mean I new head or is there something else going on like a poor connection somewhere etc?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fact that it prints the pallet and nothing else is extremely unlikely. If that's the case I would suspect main board issues. Does it give any errors when you send a job from Flexi? How well does the pallet print?

blingdat

The fact that it prints the pallet and nothing else is extremely unlikely. If that's the case I would suspect main board issues. Does it give any errors when you send a job from Flexi? How well does the pallet print?
I am getting no errors. It sends the design fine and goes through the motion of printing. The palette prints fine

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am getting no errors. It sends the design fine and goes through the motion of printing. The palette prints fine

Normally I would say the head fuse is blown on the main board but in that case, absolutely nothing can print. If the head can print the pallet then we know the head is fine. That really only leaves the main board as the culprit.

I went through a similar situation on a 1638UH. Customer moved machine from California. When I arrived it printed a nozzle check with very little printing. The pallette printed but I knew it was not perfect. When I pulled the dampers out of the first head, the the damper space was filled with ink. I will be replacing the 2 heads and main board in the near future.

humberto s

I purchased a machine that sat unused for a while. Initially, it was not pulling ink through the head to the maintenance station. I replaced all dampers, cap top , o rings as well as the maintenance station. I also used mutoh cleaning solution to unclog the head. I finally got the ink moving and good suction through the maintenance station. All inks are pulling through the head. Problem is I can't print anything. I cannot print a nozzle check, nor print a design sent through flexi. However, I can print the color palette via the printer test print on the control board. Does this mean I new head or is there something else going on like a poor connection somewhere etc?
I had a similar problem...the problem was a fuser on the main board that was burned out..but it didn't print at all. you will have to test the fuser one by one or fix the electrical schematic. but strange to have recovered the nozzles..this is extremely difficult...so how is the palette printing?

humberto s

Normally I would say the head fuse is blown on the main board but in that case, absolutely nothing can print. If the head can print the pallet then we know the head is fine. That really only leaves the main board as the culprit.
Yes. that hapenned to my 1614. No print att all ...Fuse replacing . One question please..

know of a problem with the new ms31 inks?..I changed the print head a month ago for a new DX5 OEM from digiprintsupliers, new station and dumpers...the technician mutoh put the new MS31 ink in blue and the old MSI3A in the other colors. The blue started to cover after 15 days, the other colors are ok. mutoh technician says compatible inks and says head sold by digiprintsupliers with problems. Do you have any knowledge about new MS31 inks? Thank you very much