• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh XPJ-1641SR Washed out colors

lbpalm

I have a brand new 1641SR.
Very few profiles out there for this machine!
But what profiles I have found all print light blues and greens with a mottled, faded visual appearance.
Very unattractive.
Anyone know a solution?
TIA!!!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Pretty sure the guy who installed it to you knows. Why not bother him until it's fixed.
But other than that you may just need to take the spectro in your hand and start profiling. Pretty usual stuff.

henryp

I have a brand new 1641SR.
Very few profiles out there for this machine!
But what profiles I have found all print light blues and greens with a mottled, faded visual appearance.
Very unattractive.
Anyone know a solution?
TIA!!!

Which RIP software are you using?

lbpalm

Have you looked on Mutoh's public FTP? There are about 20 on there if you haven't.

Yes, I have all the profiles found there.
- Nothing there for Magic Paper ( https://www.magicinkjet.com/ ) for high res photographic which we had very well dialed in on their profiles for the 1624.
Fellers support was very responsive, put me in touch with Mutoh USA and Mutoh is now working with the manufacturer of Magic paper to get some profiles developed for the 1641.
Cautiously optimistic that we will have some high res profiles for paper & vinyl soon.