• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MX Graphics: Arlon? vs Convex

Jace161

Someone I sponsor got a bike with another companies graphics that is just starting up and he happened to ask them what material they use because unlike the material I use (convex) it doesn't seem to "rip" or tear as easily. The company said 16mil Arlon?

Has anyone else used this stuff and had any luck? From what I know Convex is the only way to go and its what other companies I'm friendly with use.

Thanks

Jackpine

I've used both and they are both for low energy plastic. The Arlon 8000 will stick to a brick wall.

Jace161

It's all in the laminate. Convex makes a 12 mil lam that's great but it will cost you.

I know, Convex is all I've been using for the past 6+ months. This new company is using a different laminate that holds up 10x's better than he pro-shield stuff and I can't figure out what it is.

I am going to try the Arlon for the price difference.

JoshLoring

The covex is so far the best because you can apply it with no heat. Some factory mx kits don't last as long and they are a nightmare to apply for the client.

BROOKS

i have also used motowrap not bad stuff going to get some 12mil covex overlam soon though. the person i use to get graphics for back when i raced used avery material and a thick overlam do you guys have any idea what normal avery would stick to low energy platic like that?

sorry dont mean to be a :thread

waximoff

I know, Convex is all I've been using for the past 6+ months. This new company is using a different laminate that holds up 10x's better than he pro-shield stuff and I can't figure out what it is.

I am going to try the Arlon for the price difference.

How is your pro-shield not holding up? I'm yet to have a single complaint in over 3 years!

Sparky

I use MotoWrap for a some labels on low energy motorsports safety devices and have zero complaints. I use 4mil convex lam, not the pro shield stuff, but have used the 12mil stuff on karts and such. never a complaint.

Jace161

How is your pro-shield not holding up? I'm yet to have a single complaint in over 3 years!

It holds up but a rider of mine has knee braces which if you've paid any attention to the way they destroy graphics...they do it quick! but he had some other graphics on a practice bike and they do not wear nearly as easily as the pro-shield does.