• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my cut order is out by .25"!!!!

gabagoo

No big deal I guess, but I ordered 60 pieces of coro 36" x 48" and the company I order from will not take a verbal order on cut jobs ( I agree) and they send me an email to sign off on. I do and the stuff is delivered. They bring it on a skid with tie wraps on it to begin with which basically squeezes the stuff and makes it somewhat deformed, but I know it will spring back over time.

I start putting my prints down and I have all this white space on top!!! I measure my graphic and it is correct and then I measure the coro and sure enough it is 48.25". Now I would like to think that the guy running the guilotine knows that coro is a little larger , but apparantly not. So they got half the order correct and only basically did one cut per sheet as to doing 2 cuts. I now have to run them through the fsc cutter to chop them down. No big deal, but I feel I am entitled to compensation since they cut them wrong or didnt complete the cut. I say they eat the cutting charge of $30 (gonna take me more than $30.00 labour to cut 60 down.) or at least take the delivery charge off of $20?
What you think.

Hell I am on account so I can take off what I want and they can fight me back on it I guess.:clapping:

d fleming

I do all my cutting in shop. Period. For one thing, it makes me responsible for the cut instead of some stoned kid in a warehouse staring at the clock, second, I mount prints on a slightly larger piece of substrate and then cut to size after whenever possible. It's a whole lot easier and faster.

gabagoo

I do all my cutting in shop. Period. For one thing, it makes me responsible for the cut instead of some stoned kid in a warehouse staring at the clock, second, I mount prints on a slightly larger piece of substrate and then cut to size after whenever possible. It's a whole lot easier and faster.
For the most part I do too but 60 pieces I just thought wtf , let them cut them and I save an hour or so

Rooster

I'm not sure what the job was worth but knocking the cut charges off if they were done wrong sounds very doable to me. I wouldn't think twice about knocking it off the bill if it wasn't done to specs.

JasperST

Yep, better than too short! But I agree with doing it in your own shop if you can. A table saw with a decent fence and a triple grind blade can do it and you aren't at the mercy of someone else's work.

The cutter probably divided the difference since coroplast tends to run over sized and saved himself a cut.

I always have the stock in hand before I burn a screen, for example 18" x 24" pieces are notoriously out of square. Learned it the hard way of course.