• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My gray has a pinkish to it

DominicM

I was printing stickers and they came out perfect and the right shade of gray. A couple of days later I printed out bigger ones, but the shade of gray got a pinkish tint making it look brown. Also, added blue specs to white areas that should have that. I use mimaki cjv150-130 and rasterlink 6

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm not a color expert but I've been using only shades of black for gray and my pink problems are much better now.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Make sure you print cmyk and not RGB. If you are drop you magenta

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Make sure you print cmyk and not RGB. If you are drop you magenta
Care to explain why to print cmyk and not RGB? Also, if the OP is sending RGB to print, can you explain how and where to "drop the magenta?"

Last edited:

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I was printing stickers and they came out perfect and the right shade of gray. A couple of days later I printed out bigger ones, but the shade of gray got a pinkish tint making it look brown.
Can you imagine what might have changed a couple days later? Are the later files different in any way from the earlier files? Did you reprocess the files differently than the first?

Print1

Care you explain why to print cmyk and not RGB? Also, if the OP is sending RGB to print, can you explain how and where to "drop the magenta?"
Those are loaded questions. It’s a generalized issues we come across frequently. And each have several different ways to address the OPs issues

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Those are loaded questions. It’s a generalized issues we come across frequently. And each have several different ways to address the OPs issues
I thought the questions were so commonly frequent that they would be rather simple to answer directly.

Print1

I thought the questions were so commonly frequent that they would be rather simple to answer directly.
Are you going to bring anything productive to this thread or troll people? Also a frequent issue that seems to be growing in popularity. And your profile is blocked? Also there was an earlier response posted pointing out a few possibilities. Please keep up.

Print1

I was printing stickers and they came out perfect and the right shade of gray. A couple of days later I printed out bigger ones, but the shade of gray got a pinkish tint making it look brown. Also, added blue specs to white areas that should have that. I use mimaki cjv150-130 and rasterlink 6
Generally If your printer is functioning properly it’s just a profile issue, the easiest of which is to identify it on the design and color profile of the original art, if that doesn’t fix it check your rip, and if that doesn’t help explore possible lost nozzles during print. Depending on the printer a simple nozzle purge would be step one.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Are you going to bring anything productive to this thread or troll people? Also a frequent issue that seems to be growing in popularity. And your profile is blocked?
Over the years I've posted countless times the virtues of CMYK, RGB, and "gray." Some time ago the forum went through some updates / changes and seems to have reset various account settings and especially erroneous "New Member." I'll find the time to check into my profile settings.

Print1

Over the years I've posted countless times the virtues of CMYK, RGB, and "gray." Some time ago the forum went through some updates / changes and seems to have reset various account settings and especially erroneous "New Member." I'll find the time to check into my profile settings.
Right… what does that have anything to do with this persons question? Did you refer them to one of those posts? Or did you waste time here turning it into something completely disconnected.
If the person knew of the “virtues” which in itself is an odd reference they wouldn’t be asking the question

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Right… what does that have anything to do with this persons question? Did you refer them to one of those posts? Or did you waste time here turning it into something completely disconnected.
If the person knew of the “virtues” which in itself is an odd reference they wouldn’t be asking the question
If your read and understand the OP's post, there is not an actual question but a statement of the problem. If you read my reply to the OP you'll find that I asked particular questions for the OP to ponder. It's obvious there could be both workflow issues and mechanical issues (nozzle deflection.)

You offered the OP and any other forum visitor very definite methods of production but can't seem to answer how or why when asked?

Print1

Accept I replied to them directly with examples to all that I recommended, again, you still have brought nothing productive to this conversation. You and I are done here. Maybe work on getting that profile worked out.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Accept I replied to them directly with examples do all that, again, you still have brought nothing productive to this conversation. You and I are done here. Maybe work on getting that profile worked out.
It should be productive for the OP to double-check the concerns from my post and your post #9. As for your post #3, it would be helpful if you could explain.