• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My New Business Cards with SPOT UV

HeavyHitter

I finally got around to laying down some new cards yesterday. We have been in the new location for a month now. Sucks telling a customer you do not have a card when you design cards. LOL but I could never make my mind up on what I wanted to do.

The design is going to use "spot uv" to give it a unique look. Spot UV will make only predetermined areas of the card shine rather than the entire card coated with UV. A benefit on the rear is the ability to still write notes and quotes.

I have more of write up on the design posted here for those who would like to read more:

http://www.509media.com/business-cards/designed-a-new-509-media-business-card/

The black and white images below are the masks for the spot uv layers. The black area will receive the spot uv and shine. The white areas will be a dull finish. Because of the spot uv layers you will have to use your imagination a little to know how they will look after print. I will update the post later this week with actual pictures of the cards after print.

509_dan_bizcard.jpg

dan_509front.jpg

dan_509front_spotuv.jpg

Rear of the cards...

dan_509rear.jpg

dan_509rear_spotuv.jpg

J Hill Designs

I bet they will look nice! good job :thumb:

edit: have you thought of taking the "splatter" portion of 519 out of the spot uv mask?

HeavyHitter

I bet they will look nice! good job :thumb:

edit: have you thought of taking the "splatter" portion of 519 out of the spot uv mask?

I thought about it, but my concern was the very small detail and the process used to apply the spot uv. On a couple past projects it caused some issue. I think the final product should look very cool. I wanted the 509 to stand out. I hope the light hits it good enough to make it pop.

Thanks for the compliment.

Dan

Idea Design

Spot UV looks killer when done properly. I think you've done properly here, but i tend to agree with jhill about the 'splatter' part being taken out of the 509 on the front. Visual interest.

Nice job.

HeavyHitter

Spot UV looks killer when done properly. I think you've done properly here, but i tend to agree with jhill about the 'splatter' part being taken out of the 509 on the front. Visual interest.

Nice job.

I am about to run a set for one of the guys here. I will give it a try on his. On mine I only ordered 1000 so I will be reordering very soon.

Thanks

Dan

HeavyHitter

Just got the cards back from print. I like the end result. From one of the suggestions above we made a slight change to another set that is off to print now. I will update with the changed spot UV file once I receive them.

Dan

Attachments

• DSC_9726.jpg
    DSC_9726.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_9746.jpg
    DSC_9746.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 75