• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new computer won't recognize 7.1 dongle, any options?

Yetibettie

Hello, I have Signlab 7.1 that I have been using for 14 years. I just upgraded my computer (Windows 7pro, 10pro) and the program loaded fine but won't recognize the dongle. The usb port is working as the dongle lights up, but after 8 +/- clicks, gives me error message. Does anyone have any advice or help that you can give me? I would appreciate it so much.
Thank you, Julia
[HASHTAG]#signlab[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#dongle[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#cadlink[/HASHTAG]

OPENSignsInc.

I dont remember 7.1 supporting usb dongles, but you may need to run signlab in compatibility mode (right click on icon and go to properties. Look for compatibility and choose an earlier version of windows). The earliest version ive gotten to work with Windows 10 is 9.1 (we use 10 for our mimaki) for our Gerber Edge.

We started running signlab 6.0 in 1998 on Win 95 with the serial dongle until we got 8.0 and switched to usb.

Yetibettie

From what I understand, 7.1 was the first edition that the usb was an option. I'll try your suggestion, hopefully it will do the trick. Thank you for your answer. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Bert Wondervan

Hello, I have Signlab 7.1 that I have been using for 14 years. I just upgraded my computer (Windows 7pro, 10pro) and the program loaded fine but won't recognize the dongle. The usb port is working as the dongle lights up, but after 8 +/- clicks, gives me error message. Does anyone have any advice or help that you can give me? I would appreciate it so much.
Thank you, Julia
[HASHTAG]#signlab[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#dongle[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#cadlink[/HASHTAG]

I assume you installed the Windows 10 upgrade version on Windows 7, while SignLab 7.1 was already installed on Win 7.
Remove SignLab 7.1 and install it again. (Clean installation).