• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new Summa S2 75 - Adjust gram.

Vegaaard

Hello. i wondering about what " gram " people are cutting standard vinyl on.
I use Oracal 751C , the machine i standard set to 90 grams, have tried to set up to 110, but the result is not better.
what are you use on standard vinyl?

Cutting speed is 500

Saturn

Aging Member
It can depend a lot of if your blade is new, dull, or nicked. With a good blade I would think 90-110 would be more than enough, so you may have other issues if that doesn't do it. There's no reason not to try 50 or 150 though, and see of that changes anything. I'd also lower the speed to 400 just to see if that's helpful as well.

If you describe the problem in a little bit more detail, folks on here may have better suggestions.

Tatonka

make sure your blade is extended enough and that it's calibrated properly. I usually pick my toughest material to cut when I set the blade depth, get that one working, then work on the rest by only changing the pressure.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I perform a series of test cuts each time I go to cut, or change up the vinyl I'm cutting.