• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Roland Versacam is telling me that the media width is 0.0 inches

FrankW

Mostly, when this happens, the cable to the tool carriage is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Ragnabrok

usually its the cut carriage cable is fatigued to the point the lines are iffy. Replacing it solves it, but you may be able to "play the slot machine" and keep trying to raise and lower the pinch roller arm, getting it to try the setup again. you might get the normal size eventually, and once there you can print as normal, until you load it again.

Ragnabrok

if not the cable, then the proximity sensor. i've seen it catch a media guide and get torn off. you can see the sensor from the back side of the printer, looking through the paper path. it's attached to the cut carriage, usually a white plastic connector. looks like the emitter on the end of a remote control.

less obvious, there are 3 cables that plug into the cut carriage board, crop mark, cut power and prox sensor, maybe the connection got loose?

Tizz

I have the same problem not everytime but on occasions. Moving the pinch roller a few mm either way seems to help. But I know the cable needs to be replaced.

Was also thinking that maybe the sensor is dirty, has anyone cleaned this with satisfactory results?

CS-SignSupply

Replacing the Cut Carriage Cable & Mylar Guides usually do the trick. The pinch roller sensor on the backside of the cut carriage may be dirty, damaged or dislodged from its original position. Relatively inexpensive and and easy to replace. If the cable and sensor are replaced and still no joy, the cut carriage board may have a short or bad connection. Disconnect, clean and resecure all connections and try again, or replace as well.