• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My supplier will be ND Graphics but which of the following materials would you use and why?

Kevin Schultz

They gave me the following materials as options for latex printing for vehicle graphics & wraps potentially.

3M IJ180CV3 cast lustre wrap w/comply V3

Avery MPI 1105 EZ RS Cast

METAMARK Metacast Metaglide MD-C Cast

I'm looking at buying a HP Latex 115 and I don't want the materials that I buy to be a weak link. I had asked for materials with slideablility & you folks are the experts.

Please if at all possible stick to the materials mentioned as my head is already about to explode.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

signheremd

The Avery is widely available from many suppliers and is fixed price, so you will pay the same regardless of source. It is a good material and the MPI1105EZ without RS (repositionable) is a good material for basic sign making.

The 3M IJ180CV is also a good material widely available. But the 3M is like 35% more expensive.

So I would choose between the Avery and 3M. Both are nationally known brands that have a reputation for quality. The Avery fits a more economical price point.

2B

Stock the Avery,
Offer the 3M at the appropriate price difference and order when needed
Some people / companies require the 3M name brand and will pay to get it

ikarasu

Do you know how to wrap?

It's not as simple as buying a printer and material. I wouldn't drop 1k on a bundle in hopes you get a wrap job either! Wait until you get one then buy it. It's all stocked and shipped within a day at Nd graphics.

180 is what I'd use. It's a bit more expensive , but worth it.

For decals and non wraps... I know you said you didn't want more options, but anything flat can be done with ij40 / 8508.

If you're new to wrapping, you may find Arlon easier to learn with.

Kevin Schultz

Do you know how to wrap?

It's not as simple as buying a printer and material. I wouldn't drop 1k on a bundle in hopes you get a wrap job either! Wait until you get one then buy it. It's all stocked and shipped within a day at Nd graphics.

180 is what I'd use. It's a bit more expensive , but worth it.

For decals and non wraps... I know you said you didn't want more options, but anything flat can be done with ij40 / 8508.

If you're new to wrapping, you may find Arlon easier to learn with.
No, I have no experience wrapping and to be honest it's not something that I plan to actively pursue in the near future (except for personal use for learning/practice, but not for "sale"). I just had asked for a vinyl with repositioning properties for vinyl decals & eventually wraps. I want to deal with a small number of substrates that I can hopefully fine tune the equipment around.