• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Wart Hog is coming...get ready!

Dave Draper

I maybe a newbie at CNC Routing
But I'm gonna learn it instead of go trouting
I'll hang out around here, but Im not a pest!
Just a big headed signmaker who thinks he's the best! :)

I go in for training in just a few days
Down South of Chatanooga a ways
Down at GlenTec, where Wart Hogs are built
I must train on mine, in case it goes TILT!

I have to admit, I don't know a thing
when it comes to routing or 3D caved things
So thats why I'm here to ask all I can
I just signed up, thank you man!

Dave Draper

It took so long because this place didn't show up on Google search, or it was 15 pages downstream. I got here from 4edgetalk. :)

dennis j

Dave,
Glad to see you here I just took it for granted that you new about Signs101 or I would have let you a few months ago. I got my router about 2 years ago so I still have a lot to learn yet my self. I hope Ernie stops by to check out the site also I bet he could help us newbies with 10 years experience under his belt.
:cool1:

Dave Draper

Ok,

Now how do I change that butt ugly yellow "new member" icon to the left?

:help:

hahahahahahahah :)

Yeah, we need Ernie here.

Dave Draper

I don't like that 15 minute edit or you are screwed feature!

I reserve the right to change my mind several days from now to remove my foot from my mouth! :)

ernie

:thankyou:
:signs101:

Dave how is the new router?

I'm still debugging my new PracticalCNC
5x10 router. I got the vacuum table built and working pretty well.

Dave Draper

Ernie,

The new router is still in LaFayette Georga, its a Southern Bell :)

The good folk at GlenTek are still waiting on a critical piece of equipment to come in. Whatever the part is, they don't make it themselves.

They were hoping it would be arriving shortly. I'm hoping for a March delivery. I have to go down for training around Feb 13th, and we also have to be in Florida March 4th for My son's graduation from Computer animation school. I think we may have to rethink a way to do both during the same trip. Somewhere in between I actually have to work. :(

My wife's brother, Mike, works at a high rise sign shop in these parts, they have a older CNC and are using Graphic Advantage to create files. They just cut flat stuff, make lighted letters once in a while for store fronts. He runs the router when they have a need. I'm sure he will show me a few tricks for a six pack or 3. :)

I want to get into some intense 3D work. I suppose I will need to get some kind of a 3D scanner. My son Steve is working with Maya, a 3D animation program. I suppose they are different, but hold some like principles in rendering 3D.

I hope someone is making 3D clipart and selling it. I might be needing that till I get up to speed over the next year.

dennis j

Dave,
As far as 3D clipart there are two places that come to mind Turbosquid and 3D Cafe, I think that the spellings are right do a search on Google you should come up with more. Some of these sites have some free clip art most of the clip art is pay type. Is my six pack in the mail?:biggrin: