• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name plates for cubicle walls...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Some cubicle walls are solid core and adhering nameplates with VHB tape works pretty well. Some are a hollow core with perimeter framing which allows the fabric to be pushed in....which in turn doesn't work well with pressure sensitive VHB tape.

Does anyone know of a supplier/product that would work well for the latter scenario? Maybe a nameplate with downward bent pins on the back that could poke through and 'hang' on the fabric?

I'm potentially doing quite a few of these so it needs to be a system that can be removed, replaced, etc. and won't damage the fabric.

Edit: These may work pretty well. Open to other ideas though.

CanuckSigns

Those adhesive pins you posted are very weak, we've had them break off very easily before.

what we generally do is use something like these pins http://cesco.ca/Supplies/index.php?Section=Signage&CategoryID=2&SeriesID=13

or if all the cubicles are the same thickness, you can use a large U channel piece of aluminum over the top and attach your name plate to that, it all depends on the look they want, I have a Canadian supplier for adjustable U channel clamps, let me know if you would like a contact.

idsignsil

We use the adhesive pins all the time, they do break once in a while, but they don't cost that much. We do anywhere from 20-100 nameplates a month for Wells Fargo, and we use the pins for all of them. I am not sure where the boss gets them, but I can find out.

They look like this photo, I just searched partition pins in Google.

Attachments

• PartitionPins.jpg
    PartitionPins.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 113

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Those adhesive pins you posted are very weak, we've had them break off very easily before.

what we generally do is use something like these pins http://cesco.ca/Supplies/index.php?Section=Signage&CategoryID=2&SeriesID=13

or if all the cubicles are the same thickness, you can use a large U channel piece of aluminum over the top and attach your name plate to that, it all depends on the look they want, I have a Canadian supplier for adjustable U channel clamps, let me know if you would like a contact.

That was my concern with the pins - they look kind of light weight. They're pretty adamant about not having a visible means of attachment though, so the pins may be the only option.

We use the adhesive pins all the time, they do break once in a while, but they don't cost that much. We do anywhere from 20-100 nameplates a month for Wells Fargo, and we use the pins for all of them. I am not sure where the boss gets them, but I can find out.

They look like this photo, I just searched partition pins in Google.

Yeah, I found them for around $1 a piece, but if you can find out your source, that would be great. Thank you.

Where do they tend to break...is it where the pins come out of the acrylic?

What about hook & loop? We don't do a ton of these but it has worked well for one of our customers.

Hook and loop may work, but honestly I have yet to lay eyes on the cubicles, so I'm not sure if the fabric is "fuzzy" enough ("fuzzy" is an industry term, right?).

Jesse_gvi

We get those pins from Johnson Plastics (part# SP11A), maybe 65 cents a piece. There's also a quantity disc.

GWSigns

We use the Johnson Plastic pins also.

We have not had any real issues with them and sometimes I do believe they are playing musical cubicles in the one building!

I just want to loudly vocalize to them (screaming is politically incorrect) - "Pick a place and PARK it!"

*shrugging* works on the 8 & 9 year old - just sayin'

704signs

Will the client go for a clear acrylic cube clip that hugs the top of the cube wall that you can attach the nameplate to?

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Will the client go for a clear acrylic cube clip the hugs the top of the cube wall that you can attach the nameplate to?

No, that would be easier, but they don't want to be able to see the attachment method.