• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a 3 inch diameter by 65 inch empty core for Take up reel

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where I can get a 3 inch diameter tube that is 64 or more inches long? I need it to use on my take up reel. I have found what i need on Uline.com or other places like that but they make you buy a large quantity. I only need about 5 at a time. I currently have a 3 inch x 65 inch core but it is 3/4 inch thick and very heavy. I'm looking for something thinner. I dont print this wide often. usually my maximum width is 24 inches.

What do you use?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

danno

went to the hardware store purchased a 10' schedule 40 3" pipe. They gave me a free cut to my size.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
I have thought of that Danno, But I usually ship it out to the customer on the roll. Id prefer a cardboard tube. Im still looking for options. Maybe someone has extras tubes from using all of the media on the roll? I have not used an entire roll of my 62 inch paper yet.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Or, you could tape 2 together. Half of my takeup tubes are 2 taped together.