• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a bit of hel with a Brand New i-XL24 (new for me)

M@CK

Hey gang,
I'm looking for some wisdom here.
Very small shop (father and son shop) just bought a used I-XL24 with a 3kw router on it and some static tools and one oscillating tool.

The question I have is what tool / blades / bits do you guys recommend I buy to go with it?
I have zero experience on this type of equipment.
What bit should I buy to route: Plexy, ACP, Aluminium from .040 to .080.
We will be cutting quite a bit of Sinta, coroplast, kiss cutting vinyl and full cutting (pop out decals).

All recommendation are immensely appreciated.

I will have a basic training on it by Esko, but I would like to have most tools ready for them to explain the best practices for them.

Kindest regards.

P.S. see pictures for the included tools, sorry for the ugly picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IMG_4127.jpg IMG_4125.jpg IMG_4130.jpg IMG_4126.jpg IMG_4128.jpg IMG_4129.jpg

Josh Martinez

X-Edge Products Excellent Speed, Excellent Quality
Congratulations on the CNC! Here are the tools I would recommend. Let me know if you have any questions.
All these tools can be found at ESKO/ KONGSBERG KNIFE BLADES (xedgetools.com)

Router
Sintra, PVC XR2062M-CB
Acrylic, Plastics XO2111M, XO2112M and XO2012M
ACM or Aluminum XVO2230M-DLC, XVO2232M-DLC or XVO2230M, VXO2232M

Knife
Kiss-Cut vinyl XZ0001
Drag vinyl XZ0016 or XZ0017
Sintra, coroplast XK4050-D, XZ0013 or XZ004620

Hope this helps.

Josh

AGCharlotte

in your rigid knife, I like the DR8160 or DR8180 for cutting 1/8" pvc and polystyrene and the SR8170 or SR8172 for cutting vinyl.
Kiss cutting I use the KC101.
I have the vibe knife not the oscillating knife so I'm not sure on that one.
Aluminum & Dibond - MUS06-4006-50C2
Acrylic - AUS06-6022-58 (this is a wider bit, but I find the 3mm (AUS06-3011-50) bit doesn't clean out as well)
PVC thicker than 1/8" you can use the above bit or MUS06-6022-58, the Acrylic bit is sharper but it'll wear quicker if you use it for everything.

M@CK

Both you guy's are freaking awesome !
I love you both, a lot. I'll explore all recommendation for sure !
You guy's have a great weekend now.

AGCharlotte

looked over Josh's stuff. They seem like good off-brand bits. I'd recommend the DLC version of the bit for your aluminum, more expensive but will handle heat better.