• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a bracket to fix a parking sign on square parking lamp post

bigben

I've got a customer asking me to install parking sign on his lamp post. I don't want to drill the post and the only bracket I've found are for pole banner. Does someone have a supplier and/or reference for something? Preferably in Canada, but I can order from the US.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would not trust those clamps on square posts.
We had a similar strap fail on a 6" square pole - holding up 6ft banners. Looking back it was stupid of us to install using the straps. With the screw slots in the band, there is not much material to cover the stress points going around the corners. Could have just been cheap bands but we ended up making our own.

Last edited:

bannertime

If they are under 18x24, you could use VHB with an ACM sign panel. Obviously wouldn't work if they are perpendicular and not flat against the pole. We did 12 like that, at request by the customer, and you can practically hang from them. Been through tornadoes and everything. We're pretty surprised at the results.

bigben

If they are under 18x24, you could use VHB with an ACM sign panel. Obviously wouldn't work if they are perpendicular and not flat against the pole. We did 12 like that, at request by the customer, and you can practically hang from them. Been through tornadoes and everything. We're pretty surprised at the results.

Size would be definitely smaller than 18x24 or maximum around that. I would never think VHB would hold up. I see you are in texas. I'm in Canada. Since we are in the winter, I don't think the VHB would be good If I install it in this cold temperature. I would prefer something more secure.