• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help need advice/anyone know about A3 UV Flatbed printer

I’m a new member to Signs 101 & new to printing. In deciding between Screen printing “sp” & digital printing, a plus for digital printing appears to be smaller setup time, learning curve, cost less than sp, flexibility. I print small plastic signs & I have small to medium orders.

I first read of UV flatbed printer technology on this website & after research, I’ve decided to purchase my first UV flatbed printer. I’ve decided upon the A3 UV Flatbed printer from IEHK.com About this A3 UV Flatbed printer, I request & would greatly appreciate any feedback/wisdom/advice. Thanks. /s/ ABE

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
First of all. I’d avoid calling it DP. A quick google about that will get you a whole lot of different results that don’t involve digital printing lol

You made the right decision going digital for small to medium orders. Much easier to set up and you can do one-off orders easily.

As far as your printer goes. Most here seem to stick to the main brands so the best advice I can give is to be hands on with regards to tech stuff!

Thanks & you are correct. I edited out “dp” after doing a google search. What are the main brands comparable to the A3 UV Flatbed printer? The A3UV Flatbed printer is attractive to because of what it can do and it’s $2,600 dlls list price. Thanks again for your assistance. - ABE

CanuckSigns

This looks to be a Chinese flatbed printer, unless you are extremely familiar with how to service these types of machines I would avoid, keep in mind a domestic brand machine is around $40,000 so what shortcuts were taken?

If you do a search on this forum for Chinese printers there should be enough stories of machines arriving DOA, complete radio silence from the manufacturer once the cheque clears etc to give you ample warning.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Keep away of Chinese UV, it's a total waste of money. I did this mistake before with 180cm direct to textile printer, it was half the price of a Mimaki, I had to build lots of mechanical parts that was malfunctioning and still couldn't get reliable performance, all other friends I know who bought Chinese UV had the same reliability issues.

Whew! Almost saw my hard earned $$$ fly away. Thanks & I can’t say enough how much your advice/wisdom is appreciated. I did a search on this forum for Chinese printers. I will avoid & not purchase this machine.

Thanks & I appreciate your knowledge/insight. I will avoid & not purchase this UV flatbed printer. I do intend to stay away from Chinese UV. I am sorry for your mistake but very grateful you shared it, otherwise I would have stepped into a mistake & wasted my money. Thank you.

Is your choice of an A3 sized printer based on the size of the floor area or the average size of your job?

I’m not limited on space/floor area because I can print out of my garage or office. I print small plastic signs & I have small to medium orders. The A3 works for me since it’s a better option over screen printing for many reasons. I reviewed & double checked my notes & thoughts to be sure A3 is the best choice. I appreciate & your question is great because it really made me think & mentally review everything. Thanks.

Jburns

Take a look at Logojet, Direct Color systems and Mimaki. I am sure I am missing one.

Remember too that these printers need to run alot to avoid clogged heads - heads are expensive to replace.

Take a look at Logojet, Direct Color systems and Mimaki. I am sure I am missing one.

Remember too that these printers need to run alot to avoid clogged heads - heads are expensive to replace.
I will research the ones you referenced to see if I can print with anything they offer. I also intend to call/request a company dealer for printer info. If I can print with anything they offer, then I’ll compare product/price & which UV flatbed printer I’m interested in purchasing from which company. Unless I’m missing something maybe the one you didn’t include was Roland. I'll remember to avoid clogging the heads. Thanks & I appreciate the information.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Whatever you do, stay far away from Direct Color. Unless they've completely revamped their entire operation from the ground up in the past four years, their product is garbage and their "support" is laughable.

Thanks & I really appreciate the feedback. Direct Color Systems, Logojet, Mimaki and Roland are the companies that have products I’m interested in. There may be others but I’m not aware of them. Thankfully for Signs101.com I’ve learned & heeded warnings/advice of others to stay away from Chinese UV flatbed printers. I read some Chinese UV flatbed printers are DOA & fail to work from the beginning. Not sure I will but if I do decide to go with Direct Color, I’ll have to research & figure out support.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
You can also check out the StratoJet USA printers. One of the most US made printers on the market. There is a 4’x4’ UV Shark 1212 and a 4’x8’ UV version the Shark 2512 (bigger one is only about $9000 more and will open many more markets). They have a ton of automated features not found on any other printers to make production very simple.
http://StratoJetUSA.com

Christian @ 2CT Media

You can also check out the StratoJet USA printers. One of the most US made printers on the market. There is a 4’x4’ UV Shark 1212 and a 4’x8’ UV version the Shark 2512 (bigger one is only about $9000 more and will open many more markets). They have a ton of automated features not found on any other printers to make production very simple.
Can you send me pricing and info on your systems? You have a few that have piqued my interest.

Hi,
I print small plastic signs. My customers also request I print phone cases, cups, glass, pens, cards & other gifts. I have small to medium orders & I’m looking to purchase my first UV flatbed printer. In deciding between an A3 or A4 multifunction printer, I’m choosing the A3 since it is better suited for my business. I did a cursory review of the StratoJet USA website/printers. It appears neither the 4’x4’ UV Shark 1212 nor the 4’x8’ UV version nor the Shark 2512 would be a good fit for our operations. In case I missed something, I will continue to check the StratoJet USA website but there do not appear to be any small format UV Flathead printers. I appreciate & thanks for your assistance.
Abe

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Hi Abe,

The StratoJet printers are large format but people that are looking at a small format printer are usually surprised by the cost. Since our printers all the only UV printers that don’t require to purge inks 24/7, the cost of full coverage is only $0.11 a square foot. This is 2-9 times less in ink cost plus, we are the most cost effective in large format since we are the actual manufacturer of our printers. There are only two CO’s besides StratoJet that builds them in-house. The only consumable is the inks; permeant print heads, permeant water cooled LED UV curing lamps. You can print on almost any surface and shape up to 4” thick with one set of inks.

I would be more then happy to take you through this and see what you think about maybe going bigger; this could propel you into many other markets and larger print volume. It’s just an option and being this market for over 25 years, I have some background I can share with you.

Thanks

Dan