• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on printing on reflective

GoodPeopleFlags

I have an Epson GS6000 and ColorBurst RIP. I want to print on white reflective and I'm wondering which environment in ColorBurst would be best. Any thoughts?

I should mention that I really don't know much about environments and profiling but I would like to learn more. Color management, too. We've had our printer almost 1 year and pretty much always print on the same vinyl or banner material, so I just keep doing the same thing all the time. But I really want to learn more about it.

So, when I choose an environment in ColorBurst, that tells my printer to do what exactly? I know on the Gerber Edge, you need to tell it what type of vinyl (premium, calendered, reflective, static cling, lexan, etc.) so that it will know the amount of heat to apply to the print head... or something like that. Is picking the correct environment something like that?

MachServTech

I have an Epson GS6000 and ColorBurst RIP. I want to print on white reflective and I'm wondering which environment in ColorBurst would be best. Any thoughts?

I should mention that I really don't know much about environments and profiling but I would like to learn more. Color management, too. We've had our printer almost 1 year and pretty much always print on the same vinyl or banner material, so I just keep doing the same thing all the time. But I really want to learn more about it.

So, when I choose an environment in ColorBurst, that tells my printer to do what exactly? I know on the Gerber Edge, you need to tell it what type of vinyl (premium, calendered, reflective, static cling, lexan, etc.) so that it will know the amount of heat to apply to the print head... or something like that. Is picking the correct environment something like that?

Start with the environment for 3M IJ180C or the Avery Cast MPI-1005

I believe that Colorburst loads the Avery in the native download.

This will be your closest starting points, unless you contact Larry at Colorburst to see if he has an actual environment for the reflective you have.

The environment will determine Resolution and Ink Limits and Heater temps.
The combination of these determines the optimal print conditions.

If you have the wrong settings for resolution vs ink load vs temp, you can get wet blotchy prints or worse too slow with too much heat = headstrikes on buckled media.

Just start with the env's above and tell us how it goes. :munchie: