• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advise on buying a Mimaki UJV-160 Hybrid

nicmarko

Hi

Could somebody please help me with a report or put me in touch with somebody who has purchased a UJV-160.
I am thinking about buying it but am struggling to get any info apart from official Mimaki press releases.
Any info would be great!
Thanks

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

The one person I've talked to with one was pleased with how it printed coro but kept mentioning "little problems" the whole time I was talking to him. He did mention that his actual print times were a lot slower than what the literature made it out to be. He bought the machine expecting it to replace his screen printing but it wasn't capable of the output he needed.

SeaWriter

The 3M ink offers great flexibility. Prints are real sharp. Very little UV banding. Prints slooooow! Only good for printing light boards, foam & corro. Oh, did I mention its slow.

nicmarko

Thanks for the advise.
We do a lot of roll-to-roll printing... we have a JV3-130 and recently bought a JV33-160. We are very happy with the new machine, the speead and quality of prints far surpasses the JV3.
We have started doing quite a bit of Point Of Sale Corro and Foamboard work (making display systems etc) and at the moment are printing on vunyl and then mounting onto the product.
Obviously this is quite time consuming as all the vinyl needs to pass through a mounter.
It would be great to find a machine 1.6 wide that can have the speed and flexibility to print roll to roll and on flat sheets of board.

Any suggestions?

econolinesigns

Saw it printing at the ISA show. Slow and only light weight materials. If speed is not a problem, I would also look at the Gerber Solara Ion V (slower than the X but quite a bit less money). I think you can add a roll to roll to it (the X comes with one - or did until recently). Only difference is the number of print heads.