• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need bumper sticker material

xray

Hello Everybody,

I'm bidding a job where a guy wants some bumpers stickers made that don't use application tape to apply.

Any ideas on what material would be thick enough and who makes it?

Thanks

J

john1

Could try some removable wall vinyl, Oracal makes some good printable material along with others. It's thick and doesn't need laminate.

I have a business partner who makes removable adhesive bumper stickers and they hold up great.

tsgstl

I use oracal 3164G
it is strong enough but it does get a little stretchy. Bumpers stickers is about as large as I would suggest for no mask. Fellers I believe has a material that is slightly thicker. It might even be made for bumper stickers.
On the plus side usually thicker calendared material is less expensive.

Obviously for us in the biz it is not to big but you got to keep in mind who the user is going to be

MindsEyeOpen

I've done a ton of bumper stickers out of Oracal 3165RA with OraGuard 210 laminate. It is plenty thick enough to apply without mask.

I use a Briteline IM2203 with no laminate. Only thing that will damage it is metal. And if it's a bumper sticker. Assuming 3X12 square or whatever size. It's a square why would you need transfer tape.

J

john1

I use a Briteline IM2203 with no laminate. Only thing that will damage it is metal. And if it's a bumper sticker. Assuming 3X12 square or whatever size. It's a square why would you need transfer tape.

I use this material also but without laminate it's too thin for bumper stickers IMO

WCSign

I think im in the market for the same stuff as you john1

like a 4 or 5 mill gloss printable vinyl. 3 mil stuff is to flimsy and laminating adds work to something that (in my instances) would be simply slapped up anywhere and given away

WCSign

5 or 5,000? If large qty stouse.

yeah, my situation is like a couple hundred here and there, for myself and random customers. but since you mention stouse, then you know exactly what im talking about lol

I spent over 5k with them on stickers for one of my businesses in 2007