• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Coating recommendations on UV Prints.

enes sonmez

Hello.
We have been using Vanguard vr5d more than 3 months already. I have 2 CMYK +1 white ink.

I have been dealing with scratching issues since the beginning. Finally I found out clearjet spray laminations. I used them on my recent projects. And what happened ? All my inks got chipped and came out. I did not realize that it is a solvent based spray.

So my biggest question is how you protect your projects. Especially if they are printed on acrylic or even ACM material. I don’t want t use my laminator since I have a 3 printers and got the uv as a replacement of them.

The recommendation can be either rollable or sprayable.

Also Can varnish ink helps for the same purpose and worth to spend 10k and install the varnish head on the Vanguard vr5d flatbed printer ?

Thank you so much.
D1C2458E-8CDA-4BEE-9B72-0EBF69C432C9.jpeg
17A1CFD8-34C0-4DB6-B1EC-F1DF750EF8F6.jpeg

Attachments

• 14AEA22A-D939-45F9-BC19-1C2D457782CF.jpeg
    14AEA22A-D939-45F9-BC19-1C2D457782CF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

4DPB

I am using Maribu Production Clear Coat.. Most coatings react with UV ink. I think they have a new version that works with UV ink

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
You might want to consider some of Marabu's water-based coatings instead that are recommended for UV curable inks.

See the attached brochure.

Attachments

• ClearShield_Product_Info.pdf
    657.2 KB · Views: 130

garyroy

Are you saying that Vanguard does not have a recommendation for your problem?
If the printer is 3 months old, ask the people you spent $100K with. They must have a solution.

VISCOM

Hello.
We have been using Vanguard vr5d more than 3 months already. I have 2 CMYK +1 white ink.

I have been dealing with scratching issues since the beginning. Finally I found out clearjet spray laminations. I used them on my recent projects. And what happened ? All my inks got chipped and came out. I did not realize that it is a solvent based spray.

So my biggest question is how you protect your projects. Especially if they are printed on acrylic or even ACM material. I don’t want t use my laminator since I have a 3 printers and got the uv as a replacement of them.

The recommendation can be either rollable or sprayable.

Also Can varnish ink helps for the same purpose and worth to spend 10k and install the varnish head on the Vanguard vr5d flatbed printer ?

Thank you so much. View attachment 162738 View attachment 162739
do not get Varnish... are your lamps at 100% intensity / use OPTIX DA Digital Acrylic

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whether you're using a rattlecan or sprayer, you must lay down a dry coat, first. Maybe two if the project isn't too large. Once they're ready, coat in one direction, then criss cross it. You put way too much clear on and basically melted your inks. Been doing it this way for about 5 decades, even before digital printers were around.

enes sonmez

Whether you're using a rattlecan or sprayer, you must lay down a dry coat, first. Maybe two if the project isn't too large. Once they're ready, coat in one direction, then criss cross it. You put way too much clear on and basically melted your inks. Been doing it this way for about 5 decades, even before digital printers were around.
great to know. God Bless You! will try!